ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Translate fotti i Goteborg  (läst 704 gånger)

2005-12-16, 22:23
läst 704 gånger

James Van Bokkelen

In the Landsarkiv in Lund, I was reviewing birth records for Helsingborg in the 1860s.  On one entry, there was a notation fotti i Goteborg.  The dictionary is brief, I would like to know if this implies she was born there, or merely had lived there prior to coming to Helsingborg.

2005-12-16, 22:29
Svar #1

Utloggad Carin Olofsson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 5009
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-10, 15:20
    • Visa profil
    • Hembygdshistoria
Are you sure that it said fotti? That is not a Swedish word. Which date was it, and what was the name of the person who was born?

P.S. Did you know that the birth/marriage/death records for Helsingborg is available on  DDSS (Demographical Database for Southern Sweden) under Databases/Demographical Database of Skåne?

2005-12-16, 23:02
Svar #2

Utloggad Anna-Carin Betzén

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1112
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-10-28, 20:07
    • Visa profil
    • www.btz.se
Could it be that it said fött, not fotti? Fött means born. So does född. Fött i, or född i means born in.

2005-12-17, 16:05
Svar #3

James Van Bokkelen

Botvid Lundquist, born to Josefina Albertina Lamberg and Edvard Otto Lundquist on 10 September 1878, in Fodelsebok Helsingborg.

Thanks for the pointer to the DDSS, but this child is not listed, at least not under either parent's name. Their other children are.  Genealogical information on their descendants may be found at http://jbvb.ex.com/genealogy/persons.html

I didn't copy the microfiche, and of course the original was handwritten and I may have read it incorrectly.

2005-12-17, 17:31
Svar #4

Utloggad Carin Olofsson

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
    • Hembygdshistoria
James, the text you asked about is Födde i Göteborg, which I interpret as gave birth in Gothenburg. Perhaps Josefina Albertina had already moved to Gothenburg when Botvid was born, but the rest of the family remained in Helsingborg a while longer?

You can find Botvid in DDSS if you search on the birthdate, or use the joker sign % when searching for the parents name. Since the father's surname varies a lot in the database, it is easier to search only on the mother's name. If you write lamberg in the efternamn and %jos% in the förnamn for the mother, you find seven children: Theresia, Wendela, Elina, Augusta, Otto, Idof and Botvid. According to the 1890 census, their next two children, Ludvig and Hilding, were born in Gothenburg Domkyrkoförsamling (1879 and 1881).

2005-12-17, 18:44
Svar #5

James Van Bokkelen

Thank you very much (or Tak - my Swedish vocabulary is smaller than that my mother learned as a child).

Theresa, Elena, Vendela, Hilding, Idoff and Ludwig all came to the USA with their mother in the 1890s. Edvard remained in Sweden (it is said he preferred the company of his artist's models). Otto is said to have died at age 20 in a gymnasium accident.  Botvid was new to us - did I read the record correctly as Female?

2005-12-17, 18:55
Svar #6

Utloggad Carin Olofsson

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
    • Hembygdshistoria
No, Botvid is Male. Since I couldn't find him in the 1890 census, I checked the death records on DDSS, and Botvid died in Gothenburg only 5 days old. If I interpret the reason of death correctly (ofullburet), he was born prematurely.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna