ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Swedish>English>Swedish phrases and sentences  (läst 1075 gånger)

1999-10-19, 03:16
läst 1075 gånger

CPeterson

I appreciate the EnglishSwedish dictionary.  But is there any place to get phrases and or sentences translated English  Swedish.  Thanks
Clyde D Peterson

1999-10-19, 20:35
Svar #1

Carina Sunesson

1999-10-21, 21:25
Svar #2

Kay Engman

Clyde,
This one will translate whole paragraphs, but I  
didn't think it was very accurate when I tried it.  
See what you think:
http://www.tranexp.com:2000/InterTran?

Regards,
Kay Engman

2004-09-03, 18:21
Svar #3

Swdish tralation to english

Post 899231

Fahlberg, Gustaf Adolf
f. betjänt, lösdrifvare

f. 1836 i Stockholm (Stockholms stad)

Ogift man, ensam i familjen

Skrifna på Socknen
Västra Husby (Östergötlands län, Östergötland)

Frånvarande vid inskrivningen

Födelseort i källan: Stockholm

2004-09-03, 19:43
Svar #4

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Hi Swdish tralation to english (Your first and last names belong in that space.),

Here is an approximate translation from Swedish to English.

f. betjänt; lösdrifvare = formerly officer, servant, civil servant; vagabond, unemployed workman

f. 1836 i Stockholm (Stockholms stad) = born 1836 in Stockholm (City of Stockholm)

Ogift man, ensam i familjen = unmarried man, alone in the family

Skrifna på Socknen = registered in the parish
Västra Husby (which is the name of the parish) (Östergötlands län = county, Östergötland = the name of the province)  

Frånvarande vid inskrivningen = absent at? the enrollment?  

Födelseort i källan: Stockholm = birthplace in the source: Stockholm

Hundreds or maybe thousands of Swedish genealogy words can be found on the SweGGate website. (I have never counted them but there are many defined words.)

http://www.rootsweb.com/~swewgw/

Click on Dictionary on the home page. You will find one of the glossary pages developed by the webmaster and links to more of that webmaster's glossary pages and links to glossary pages developed by others.

Judy

2004-09-03, 23:28
Svar #5

Utloggad Anna-Carin Betzén

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1112
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-10-28, 20:07
    • Visa profil
    • www.btz.se
A small comment to Judy's excellent translation: To sum up , the phrase Skrifna på Socknen would mean that the persons had no permanent home of their own; they may have lived in special dwellings provided for poor people on the parish's common land, or maybe the families in the parish had to take turns letting them live with them in their own homes. Perhaps the phrase might also be applied to people whose whereabouts were not known.

2004-09-04, 21:46
Svar #6

Utloggad Per Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1827
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-09-04, 21:36
    • Visa profil
One other, not uncommon reason to be skrifven på socknen for elderly people, was, that they stayed with one of their children in some other parish. In the eighteen hundreds, there were severe restrictions on non-working people, moving into a new parish (for fear of the parish being forced to support them). Becase of this, you often see old people dying and being buried in a different parish, from where they are listed.

Per Thorsell.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna