ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Stavnäs Parish - Varmland Church book entry  (läst 831 gånger)

2005-01-12, 04:54
läst 831 gånger

Bob Risholm

Could someone help me to decipher the following entry in a church record.

http://www.geocities.com/risholmr/m_17430624_lars_andersson_kerstin_andersdtr_full.jpg

This is from Stavnäs Parish in Varmland.

The top part of the entry is the beginning of a marriage record - it is the bottom of a page in the church book which makes it more difficult!
It is continued at the top of the next page - which is the bottom part of the image.

I am actually most interested in the part starting with the bride and grooms names.

Here is my starting guess...

Lars Andersson i narre Grand Songet Grums, Kristen Andersdtr ud i S (......??)  

Thank You

2005-01-12, 13:32
Svar #1

Utloggad Kenneth Larsson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1512
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-17, 15:53
  • Kenneth Larsson
    • Visa profil
    • Ancestor
Bob, this is the content of the entry:
Lars Andersson i Norra Strandtorpet samt Kerstin Andersdotter ut i Södra Skassåhs. Morgongåfva 20 lodh

2005-01-12, 18:09
Svar #2

Utloggad Ingela Martenius

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1489
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-10-25, 18:20
    • Visa profil
Which translates to:
Lars Andersson at Norra Strandtorpet (North Beach crofter's cottage) and Kerstin Andersdotter at Södra Skassåhs (South Skassåhs). Morning gift of 20 lodh (old measure, approx 260 - 265 g, a little more than ? pound).

The morning gift was silver given to the bride on the morning following the wedding night; it was kept by the husband and only paid out to the woman in case she was widowed; it was mandatory and abolished only in 1845.

Ingela

2005-01-12, 23:45
Svar #3

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Bob,

Here is more about the morgongåva, from the SweGGate site.

http://www.rootsweb.com/~swewgw/Fact/facdic_jur_app01.htm#Morgongåva

Here is information from Cradled in Sweden, by Carl-Erik Johansson.

It was customary, and for some time the law, that the husband present his wife with a gift, morgongåva (morning gift)at their marriage, which was hers to keep forever. It could not legally be shared with the children as other parts of the estate at her husband's death. We could consider it some kind of life insurance or pension for the widow. Very often it was a sum of money but could also be in kind -- a pair of redspotted oxen, a horse and saddle, etc. A notation of the amount of this gift is often found in the marriage record, but very often it only states morgongåva enligt lag --- morning gift according to law. Very often the work morgongåva was abbreviated as mg., morg. or similar.

Morgongåfva is an older spelling of morgongåva.

Judy

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna