ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Seasick sailor tongue-twister  (läst 2647 gånger)

2002-01-21, 02:58
läst 2647 gånger

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Hi,

My father used to say a Swedish tongue twister about 7,777 (or maybe 7,776) seasick sailors. I have tried to find such a tongue twister on the internet but all I can find is another tongue twister about seasick sailors. The other version seems very different from the one I remember.

Is there a version of this tongue twister that would match my memory? I remember trying to say that tongue twister and it was impossible for me to pronounce properly, but Dad said it easily.Perhaps it was just his family's version of the original one.

Thanks,

Judy

2002-01-21, 07:45
Svar #1

Solveig Qvarnström

Hi Judy, The most common tongue twister about sailor is sju sjösjuka sjömän från skeppet Shanghai= Seven seasick sailors from the ship Shanghai, but sjutusensjuhundrasjuttiosju=7777 could'nt be easy to say either!  
 best regards Solveig

2002-01-21, 08:35
Svar #2

Utloggad Mikael Persson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1357
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-01-17, 11:31
    • Visa profil
And the continuation is sköttes av sju sköna sjuksköterskor = were cared for by seven nice/beautiful nurses

Regards
Mikael

2002-01-21, 08:37
Svar #3

Andreas Wikström

Hello Judy!

Here are 3 different tounge twister and their Rough Translations:

Sju sjösjuka sjömän sköttes av sjuttisju sköna sjuksköterskor på det sjunkande skeppet Shanghai.
(Seven sea-sick seamen are been nursed by 77 beautiful nurses on the sinking ship Shanghai)

Sju sjösjukliga sjömän sköttes av sjutton sköna sjuksköterskor.
(Seven seasick seamen were nursed by seventeen beautiful nurses)

Sju sjösjuka sjömän på skeppet Shanghai, sköljde sju skjortor i sjön.  
(Seven seasick seamen on the ship Shanghai washed seven shirts in the sea)

But I think there exsist many different versions of this tounge twister, perhaps your father had a very own :-)

You can find more toungtwisters at this page:
http://www.uebersetzung.at/twister/sv.htm

2002-01-21, 09:12
Svar #4

Utloggad Hans Högman

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 520
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-07, 14:22
  • Hans Högman
    • Visa profil
    • www.hhogman.se/
Hi Judy,
Here is another tongue twister: Sex laxar i en laxask = Six salmons in a salmon box.

Regards
Hans Högman

2002-01-21, 18:25
Svar #5

Utloggad Rolf Liljhammar

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 466
  • Senast inloggad: 2010-12-03, 04:58
    • Visa profil
Don't forget: kvistfritt kvastskaft =  
branchless broomstick.
It's almost impossible even for swedes.

Rolf L

2002-01-22, 00:24
Svar #6

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Hi everyone,

Tack så mycket to Solveig, Mikael, Andreas Hans, and Rolf for the information and interesting tongue twisters.

I appreciate your help!

Judy

2002-02-15, 21:16
Svar #7

Ingrid Månsson

Here's another version of the bit with the seasick sailors
Sju sjösjuka sjömän sjunger sjömanssånger
(seven seasick sailors sings sailor's songs)
One of the problems with theese tongue twister is that the pronounciation differs in the north and in the south of Sweden. I came to know a bit about that when I, in the early 60's, moved from the middle of Sweden and down a bit further south. I was teased by my schoolmates because of the way I pronounced the sj-sound. They said it with a thicker sound, futher back in the mouth and my way to say it was more pointed, more like you pronunce the word she

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna