ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Rumskulla Parish Record  (läst 1094 gånger)

2008-05-14, 17:34
läst 1094 gånger

Linda Mazzella

A friend Emailed a parrish record (3C4) from Snararp, showing my ancestors leaving the parish.   They left in 1859 for America and they were originally from Hörn parish.  I understand everything except the heading of the fourth column on the right.  It lists two names, Axel Gustafsson and Stina Nilsdotter, on the same line as my great great grandmother, Maja Axelsdotter.  If these are her parents, it would be a wonderful find, but I can't read the heading in order to check a Swedish/English dictionary.  It starts with an Anm, I think.  I would attach a Pdf file, if I could figure out how.  Unfortunately, I cannot read Swedish. I would appreciate any help. }

2008-05-14, 19:59
Svar #1

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
Hi Linda, anmärkningar means remarks and they do list Axel Gustafsson and Stina Nilsdotter as Maja's parents.

As you probably know the church records for Horn were destroyed when the church and vicarage burned in 1851, and very little exists before that time.

However, I have access to an Index of probates (bouppteckningar) for the Kinda Legal District (härad) up to around 1835, which includes people in Horn. In there I found that Axel Gustafsson of Äpplerum in Horn died 1827 June 30, leaving wife Christina (Stina) Nilsdotter and children Gustaf (19), Nils Petter (11), Maria Christina, married to the farmer Johan Nilsson at Bränna, Greta Lisa (13) and Anna Catharina (4).

Another probate shows that Axel's mother, the widow Maria Axelsdotter, died at Äpplerum shortly before 1810 Jan.15, which is the date of the probate. She left the following children: Gustaf Gustafsson of Äpplerum, Axel Gustafsson of Äpplerum, Christopher Gustafsson of Stora Flarka, all of age. Daughter Christina, married to farmer Anders Jacobsson of Äpplerum, and the daughter Catharina (now deceased) who had been married to Anders Andersson and had the two children Gustaf and Maja Lisa, who were minors and whose rights were guarded by Jon Andersson of Löningehult. The farm Äpplerum had been inherited by Maria Axelsdotter.

In 1811 Jan. 15 died Anders Andersson of Äpplerum, leaving his wife Catharina Persdotter, and children from his first marriage: Gustaf and Maja lIsa, minors, whose rights were guarded by their maternal uncle (morbror) Christopher Gustafsson. The chikdren had inherited a place called Finede from their mother Catharina Gustafsdotter.  

Catharina had died 1809 Oct.3 at Äpplerum and her probate shows that Gustaf was 16 and Maja Lisa 13 at that time, and Christopher was guarding their rights.

If you wish to have more information you can place a query under Östergötland > Socknar > Horn

2008-05-14, 20:25
Svar #2

Linda Mazzella

Thank you Elizabeth for such valuable information.  It's more than I had ever dreamed about knowing about my ancestors.  I appreciate your time and information.
Linda

2008-05-14, 20:36
Svar #3

Utloggad Karl-Henrik Rydén

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 943
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-08, 21:51
    • Visa profil
    • edshult.eu
Hello Linda,
The column to the right which you are refering to (Rumskulla AI:13 page 304) reads Anmärkningar translated Remarks. The names Axel Gustafsson and Stina Nilsdotter had a B. before them. This might be a short for Brukare = Cultivator? (Farmer not owning the land).  
Your guess that they are the parents of Maja Axelsdotter is well educated and true. I found the family in the farm Äpplerum, Horn parish. I attach a small cutout of that page - Horn AI:1 page 347.  
Let me come with another guess (not yet checked). The widow Maria Axelsdotter born 1738 i Norra Vi might well be Axel Gustafssons mother. The names often passed down the generations like this.  

/Karl-Henrik

2008-05-14, 20:40
Svar #4

• Anbytare ****
    • Visa profil
    • edshult.eu
Hello Elisabeth,  
You were quicker than I was ;-). And much more in depth.  
But I also found on DISBYT that there are people researching this line.  
There are good chances of getting a few generations back.  
/Karl-Henrik

2008-05-14, 20:44
Svar #5

Linda Mazzella

Karl-Henrik,
I hate to show my ignorance, but what is DISBYT and how do I access it?
Linda

2008-05-14, 20:55
Svar #6

Linda Mazzella

Karl-Henrik,
I just saw the attachment and I thank you for it.  I am so very thankful for your help.
Linda

2008-05-14, 21:19
Svar #7

• Anbytare ****
    • Visa profil
    • edshult.eu
Hello Linda,  
DISBYT is a place for exchanging swedish genealogical research using computers. Info on DIS.  
But I searched on and I found that Christina Johansson, a good friend of mine, was the person that has most relevant info for you. I will alert her.  
/Karl-Henrik
PS. I did not read that the picture says mannens moder the husbands mother. So Maria Axelsdotter is the grandmother of Maja Stina. Maria Axelsdotters parents were Axel Christoffersson Höijer and Catharina Clemensdotter Höök according to Disbyt.

2008-05-14, 21:32
Svar #8

Linda Mazzella

Hello Karl-Henrik,
Thank you again.  You are so very helpful.  I hope to hear from your friend, Christina Johansson.  My Swedish Johanssons became Johnsons in America (Kansas).  I am the Johnson Family statistician and this is more information that I've gotten in one day than all the records that have been passed down since the Johnsons arrived in the US in 1859.  Those records incorrectly list Maja Axelsdotter's (wife of Johan Nilsson) parents.  I am eternally grateful.
Linda

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna