ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: One more question  (läst 672 gånger)

2006-08-07, 06:34
läst 672 gånger

Utloggad Scott Satterfield

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 468
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-03-06, 04:55
    • Visa profil
Looking at GID 992.34.113600, I find Anders Segolsson having died 14 July 1854.  I'm assuming that the numbers to the right of the deceased's name are his birth date.  Is that correct?  It doesn't correspond to the date that I have of his birth....

Thanks.

2006-08-07, 08:27
Svar #1

Utloggad Stig Hansson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2040
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-19, 03:28
    • Visa profil
Scott
It is his age when he died expressed in year, month and day. Does that make sence?

2006-08-08, 08:37
Svar #2

Utloggad Don Tuthill

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 381
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-09-24, 19:18
    • Visa profil
Hi Scott,
You'll find this family at GID: 992.41.55300, page 192. Ander's birthdate is clearly shown on this HFL (census record).

Have a nice day!

Don

2006-08-08, 23:02
Svar #3

Utloggad Ingela Martenius

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1489
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-10-25, 18:20
    • Visa profil
Perhaps it makes more sense when put into context.
Church wasn't only for worship - in the old days royal proclamations and other public announcements (including criminals wanted!) were always read from the lectern.
Also the death of a parishioner was always announced in this way (still is). The vicar begins by saying A new reminder of our mortality is given us this day... and then he reads out the names of those that have died during the preceding week. For some reason (I really have no idea why, it's one of those things that just are) the age of the person is always stated - number of years, months and days instead of announcing date born and date died.
E.g. Anna Lindgren, at the age of 82 years, four months and five days.

So the vicar had to figure the age of everyone who died in order to be able to announce it properly - and of course he wrote it down also. It doesn't always add up with a known date of birth/date of death, some of the clergy were quite simply not very good at maths.

Ingela

2006-08-09, 05:57
Svar #4

Utloggad Scott Satterfield

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 468
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-03-06, 04:55
    • Visa profil
That totally makes sense.  Thank you for all of your help and for the history/culture lesson as well!  Funny, these my ancestors seem to live again in me as I discover them!

Scott
California

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna