ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Old GID help  (läst 822 gånger)

2007-06-27, 08:20
läst 822 gånger

Utloggad Scott Satterfield

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 468
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-03-06, 04:55
    • Visa profil
I'm looking at GID 379.34.86300 at the upper left hand corner - at Anders Jonsson's family.  I see his wife's name is Anna but I'm not sure what it says after her name.  Spongia or something.  Can you help?

Thanks.

2007-06-27, 11:29
Svar #1

Bo Johansson

It does look like her name is Anna Spongia. Have you seen her in earlier or later HFL volumes, or for example their marriage record? It looks like Anna Spongia also in the next HFL (GID 379.35.107200)

Anders Jansson (Jonsson?) seems to have something after his name, but it is not there in the next HFL.

// Bo Johansson

2007-06-30, 06:52
Svar #2

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Thanks a million Bo.  Under Anders and Anna in GID 379.35.107200 it has 2 names (Anders Hindersson & Maria).  I believe that it says Anders Hindersson is Anders Jonsson's son in law?  And is Maria his daughter?

Thanks for your help as always!

2007-07-18, 02:18
Svar #3

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Anyone have a guess?

2007-07-18, 10:52
Svar #4

Utloggad Åke Tilander

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 480
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-09-18, 06:07
    • Visa profil
Yes, it really looks like the wifes name is Spongia. It is a strange name though and my guess is that it should not be interpreted as a second namn but maybe as a second first name.

Yes, I think that Anders Hindersson is Anders Jonsson Smeds son-in-law, but it is more common to use the concept måg for a brother-in-law.

Maria is the doughter of Anders Jonsson Smed, and the wife of Anders Hindersson.

The three children Brita, Lisa Andersdotter and Petter Andersson are the children of Anders Hindersson and Maria. And if I read the text correctly Brita is gift that is married.

I am also unsure about the name Hindersson, my guess is that it really was Hindrikson.

2007-07-18, 21:25
Svar #5

Utloggad Åke Tilander

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 480
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-09-18, 06:07
    • Visa profil
An addition, as Bo already has pointed out the second name of Anders Jonsson is rather Jansson, so his full name would be:

Anders Jansson Smed

The last name Smed is a special curiosity from these parts of Sweden, where an additional second name was used with reference to the farm. The reason why an additional second name was used was probably that there were a number of persons with the same names.

2007-07-19, 09:46
Svar #6

Utloggad Per Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1827
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-09-04, 21:36
    • Visa profil
Some minor corrections:

Anders Jansson is the father of Maria Andersdotter, married to Anders Hindersson, who is thus a son-in-law of Anders Jansson. Anna Spongia is married to Anders Jansson, but is not likely to be the mother of Maria Andersdotter; the age difference is too small. 'Måg' is the common word for son-in-law. A brother-in-law is called 'svåger'.

Brita Andersdotter, who marries and moves out of the family in 1734 is another daughter of Anders Jansson.

Lisa, Maria and Margeta are all daughters of Anders Hindersson and Maria Andersdotter. It is not directly clear, who Petter Andersson is.

'Hindersson' is somtimes used interchangeably to 'Hindriksson'. In this parish, the use of Hindersson is dominant.

Smed (=smith) is the trade, rather than a name of Anders Jansson.  

Spongia, the female form of Spongius is a family name. Olaus Spongius was a minister in Ljusnarsberg 1680 - 1689.

Per Thorsell.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna