ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Meaning of titles  (läst 992 gånger)

2007-07-31, 18:14
läst 992 gånger

Utloggad Art Berggreen

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 62
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-04-25, 02:16
    • Visa profil
A relative of mine has an old guild certification issued in Stockholm in the late 1700s.  He transcribed the Swedish text and then translated them to Danish.  At the bottom of the document are three signatories with titles (in Swedish); Nils Svedberg - Bisitarre, Johan Petter Hult - Ålderman, and Peter Aidar - Ämbets Notarius.  Can anyone tell me what the titles would imply about the person's function in the late 1700s?

Thanks for any help,
Art

2007-07-31, 20:51
Svar #1

sven

Hello Art

The titles would be:
Ålderman - The oldest master of the guild and at the same time the chairman.

Ämbets Notarius - the clerk who recorded the meeting.

Bisittare -  assistant or assessor.

Sven

2007-08-01, 04:28
Svar #2

Utloggad Art Berggreen

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 62
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-04-25, 02:16
    • Visa profil
Sven, thanks for your response!

Any idea what the role of assessor would be within the guild (comb makers guild in this case)?

Art

2007-08-01, 18:58
Svar #3

sven

Hello again Art

Do you know what kind of guild it was? If you do, I?ll try to find some information.

Sven

2007-08-01, 22:11
Svar #4

Utloggad Anna-Carin Betzén

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1112
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-10-28, 20:07
    • Visa profil
    • www.btz.se
Art,  

From general descriptions of Swedish guilds I get the impression that the non-chairmen in the guild's board were called bisittare. They helped the chairman run the guild.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna