ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Lägenhetsegare???  (läst 1426 gånger)

2004-01-17, 05:23
läst 1426 gånger

Karen Bowling

Does anyone know what the occupation lägenhetsegare would be?

Thanks,
Karen

2004-01-17, 08:47
Svar #1

Utloggad Hans Högman

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 520
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-07, 14:22
  • Hans Högman
    • Visa profil
    • www.hhogman.se/
Lägenhetsägare:
Lägenhet is an apartment and ägare is owner, i.e. he owned an apartment.
Hans Högman

2004-01-17, 09:28
Svar #2

Utloggad Gertrud Pettersson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 30
  • Senast inloggad: Aldrig
    • Visa profil
Karen
I need to know from what time this term is. In modern time it refers to a person who is the owner of an apartment (condo, if you wish) but that was not always the case. In the northern part of Sweden, primarily in Lappland, the term was also used for a person who owned a piece of land above the imaginery line called 'odlingsgräns' in the mountains. The land was not considered arable higher up in the mountain valleys, but it was still important that people settled in the area, for political reasons as well as others. They were given certain tax concessions, and held a rather special status as all of the land above this line was state owned.  
I don't have the necessary literature to give you a complete and totally accurate answer - but here at least you have a partial explanation.
Regards,

2004-01-17, 09:31
Svar #3

Utloggad Nils Hård af Segerstad

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1652
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-21, 10:13
    • Visa profil
In the older days a lägenhetsägare was not simply the owner of an apartment but could even be the owner of a torp, a mill, fishing rights, etc.
(Nordisk familjebok, 3 edition, 1920-s).

2004-01-17, 15:58
Svar #4

Karen Bowling

The term was used in regards to an occupation in the 1890 census on a farm in Kvänums.  My great-grandfather was a workman.  Does anybody know what his duties would have been?  Here are the rest of the occupations on the farm...
1 arbetskarl- my great-grandfather
4 dräng
5 jordbruksabetare
2 hemmansegare
4 inhyseshjon
1 soldat
1 lägenhetsegare??

Just from this information what do you think I could tell about the farm?  Would it have been a big or small farm?

2004-01-20, 19:05
Svar #5

Susanne Nilsson

Karen

If you are unsure with swedish words I have found an  
Swedish/English dictionary with genealogical words.  
Maybe some of them are there, but I'm not sure.  

Look at this site:
http://www.osterlen.com/slaktforskning/ordlista.htm#A

2004-01-20, 20:53
Svar #6

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Hi Karen,

The SweGGate website also has many glossary lists, some of which were developed by the webmaster and others were found and linked to SweGGate.

http://www.sweggate.com

Click on Dictionary on the home page and you will find one of his glossaries, links to more of his glossaries, and links to glossaries developed by others.

I've found that site very useful.

Judy

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna