ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Hulingsryd in Kalmar, near Hultsfred  (läst 601 gånger)

2000-05-18, 03:51
läst 601 gånger

Harold Dozier

I am viewing several HFL films for the years 1808-1860 for Vena Parish and am finding some relatives in a location of Hulingsryd.  Typically in an HFL there will be places of  Hulingsryd #1, Hulingsryd # 2, Hulingsryd #3, Hulingsryd gästgivare,  Hulingsryd, Hulingsryd qvarn. and  Hulingsryd Fergeri (not sure of the spelling of this last on). There are usually many names for each location, so it is hard to believe each is one housing structure. I understand gästgivare means inkeeper, but am puzzled at so many names listed in this category.  

Could someone give me a description of this place? Was it a village or group of inns or ??

Best Regards.

Harold Dozier
Tulsa Oklahoma
hsdozier@att.net

2000-05-18, 19:35
Svar #1

Bo Persson

Hultsfred is the modern form of the name Hulingsryd; I have seen it in papers from the late 17th century spelled 'Hulsfre' or 'Hulsfred', reflecting the local pronounciation of the name. Hulingsryd's village consisted of three main farms (divided into a number of holdings): #1 was the inn; on its grounds the village's mill was located, as well as several crofts; # 2 and # 3 were ordinary farms, also with several crofts on its grounds; on the ground of the latter was also a dye-works situated.

Near the village, on its western side, was a military drill-ground established during the 19th century. South of the village was a railway-station built, and around the station the new Hultsfred was built.

The outlying land belonging to the village of Hulingsryd was vast, stretching from the lake Hulingen in the east to Hällefors in Lönneberga parish in the west. In 1930-31, the western part of this area, called the Råsa area, was separated from Hulingsryd in Vena parish and additioned to Lönneberga parish, where it together with Hällefors (where a still existing paper-mill was founded in 1874) and some outlying land of other farms in Lönneberga formed the new village Silverdalen.

The migration to and from the village was quite extended, and the number of each other succeeding households should not be puzzling. If you look closer at the catechetical lists, especially in the columns Hitflyttad (moved in from) and Bortflyttad (moved out to), you should be able to reconstruct a chronolgy of the households and, of course, of the vast number of servants.

2000-05-24, 19:49
Svar #2

Kay Engman

Hej Bo--    You are very knowledgable about the  
Vena area!  Do you have any knowledge about  
Locknevi parish to the north of Vena?  My farfars  
far was born in Locknevi parish in 1864.  In the  
HFL microfilms the name of the residence for the  
family (at the top of the page) is Tofverum in  
some years and Tofverum Bruk in other years.  I  
am wondering if there was a mill in existance at  
Tofverum at that time?  My farfars farfar was a  
hjlpsmed (blacksmiths helper) but I don't know if  
he worked at a farm or at a mill.

My sister and I are coming to Locknevi in July and  
would like to see if there are presently any  
buildings or homes there.

Thank you,
Kay Engman
Takoma Park, Maryland, USA

2005-03-15, 22:30
Svar #3

Eva Jönsson

Söker efter anförvanter till Gustav Ivan Gustavsson 18611004-19290225 och hans hustru
Anna Maria förmodligen född Rinaldo 18500201-19330502. Dessa var föräldrar till min morfar och de kom förmodligen ifrån Silverdalen.
Tacksam för svar
Eva

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna