ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Help with translation please  (läst 741 gånger)

2004-04-15, 18:18
läst 741 gånger

Mary E Leveille

Could anyone help with the following translations please? I can't find them in my books.
gingo
ilning
statarungar
förebråelser
tillsagd
Thank you so much for any help.

2004-04-15, 18:41
Svar #1

beritnightingale

Hi Mary,
try this:

gingo = went
ilning =thrill
statarungar = children of crofters  
förebråelse = reproach
tillsagd = told, urged

Berit

2004-04-15, 19:51
Svar #2

Mary E Leveille

2004-04-16, 11:34
Svar #3

per bjurling

The word crofter has been up to discussion before.
The correct translation is torpare.
Statare on the other hand means a farmworker who gets only a part of his salary in cash. The rest comes in form of farm products like cereals, peas, free housing and the right to fetch firewood in the farmers woods and grow potatoes for his family on the farmer?s land.
Moreover the statare was not hired alone but the whole family was obliged to work for the farmer.
Worst was the wife?s duty to do the hand-milking.
It was referred to as the white whip.
The last remnants of this system was abolished in the middle of the nineteenforties.
There was a great difference in social status between the torpare and the statare.
The torpare was an entrepreneur however small and poor, while the statare was a low ranked worker.

2004-04-16, 15:52
Svar #4

Utloggad Ann Little

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1252
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-23, 20:10
    • Visa profil
There is already a discussion here on Rötter about statare under the heading  Swedish History and  About the statare system. It is very informative.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna