ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Help please with translation  (läst 790 gånger)

2002-07-22, 20:46
läst 790 gånger

Kristina Brown

I need help with translation. I will be very thankful for any help.
I found this information while searching for my greatgreatgreat grand mother on the Demogransk Databas Sodra.

Dragon vid Wemmenhögs Esquadron. fått bifall af EsquadronsChefen B.A.W. Santesson af den 29 Oct. giftoman StadsWaktkarlen Nils Mårtensson i Lund, äldsta brodr, lemnat skriftligt samtycke af den 22 October.

Thank you,
Kristina Brown
Stina@aol.om

2002-07-22, 22:08
Svar #1

Utloggad Jan Jutefors

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 4731
  • Senast inloggad: 2014-07-06, 10:38
    • Visa profil
Kristina,

Translation as follows:

Dragoon at Wemmenhögs Esquadron. Approval by The chief of Esquadron B.A.W. Santesson of the Oct. 29th. Guardian Watcher Nils Mårtensson in Lund. The oldest brother given a written concent at October 22.

Best wishes
Jan

2002-07-22, 22:29
Svar #2

Utloggad Bibi Gustafson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 213
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-03-01, 22:30
    • Visa profil
Kristina:

It was your greatgreatgreat grandmother's oldest brother Nils Mårtensson who gave a wr?tten consent to her marriage on October 22 (this info also tells you that their father was dead). After that the squadron chief officer gave his approval on October 29.

Best regards,
Bibi Gustafson

2002-07-23, 01:45
Svar #3

Kristina Brown

Dear Jan and Bibi,

Thank you both for your reply. You have given me another piece to the puzzle!  
Am I to understand that the brother Nils Mårtensson was the squadron chief officer? and that Olof Wild (the bridegroom) was in Nils Mårtensson squadron? Would this squadron have been in LUND?

I thank you for helping us.
Kind regards, Kristina Brown

2002-07-23, 09:29
Svar #4

Utloggad Bibi Gustafson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 213
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-03-01, 22:30
    • Visa profil
Dear Kristina,

No, the brother Nils Mårtensson was employed by the town Lund as watchman (I'm not quite sure about the proper English word for this or what he did exactly; could be the person who walked the streets at night watching out for fires and such). The Squadron Chief officer was B.A.W. Santesson and yes, Olof Wild, was a dragoon in the squadron. Wemmenhög parish is located between Trelleborg and Ystad. The regiment at Ystad was a cavalry regiment at least one hundred years ago. In what year were they married?

Best regards,
Bibi Gustafson

2002-07-24, 14:36
Svar #5

Kristina Brown

Dear Bibi,

Thank you for your help.  
Olof Wild married Benedicta Mårtensson 1835-12-31 in Svedala.

(Ola) Olof was 25 alder (age) and Benedicta was 29 years old.
Olof was born July 18,1810 Solberga Benedicta was born June 4, 1806 Fru Alstad.

Olof and Benedicta had a child Johanna Wild (my ggggrand mother) I have not been able to find any sisters or brothers for Johanna. Benedicta was 29 years old when she married Olof - could she have been married prior to Olof? Is age 29 old to be married for the first time?

Thank you for your kind help.

Kristina

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna