ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Hade .""""studerat och vandrat""""  (läst 597 gånger)

2006-02-02, 09:07
läst 597 gånger

Ishbel Cormack

This is the context of the above phrase. I think the first part says that the family died out in the end of the 1600s.  

Släten utdöd i slutet av 1600-talet. Hadestuderat och vandrat.

Later it says he attained the rank of Cavalry captain with 3 horses och red själv för gemen.

Please translate the above phrase and the words starting with red....
Thank you.

2006-02-02, 09:40
Svar #1

BrittBorjesson

Hej Ishbel,
just as you say, the family died out in the end of the 1600s. Hade studerat och vandrat; had been studying (must refer to some kind of school) and walked around (in meaning not just occasional walks, but over longer distances, to see and study life in different parts of wherever he lived).
Red = was riding, själv=himself. Does this sentence really stop with för gemen?
Britt

2006-02-02, 10:18
Svar #2

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
red själv för gemen means that he served as a plain cavalry soldier, not as an officer with a commission.

2006-02-02, 21:15
Svar #3

Ishbel Cormack

Britt och Elisabeth: What you say makes sense as the next part goes on to tell of his military service. It says he is a stallmästare for a major general. What would he do in this job?

Please translate:sedermera förde sin död.

Thank you for all your help.

2006-02-02, 22:18
Svar #4

j

Hello Ishbel!

Sedermera förde sin död = before his/her death

Hi J, you should always put your full name in the box marked Användarnamn. Yvonne Carlsson, Anbytarvärd

2006-02-02, 23:48
Svar #5

Utloggad Anna-Carin Betzén

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1112
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-10-28, 20:07
    • Visa profil
    • www.btz.se
Ishbel,  

Is it possible that the man who had studerat och vandrat was a journeyman? They studied and walked far while getting trained in their craft.

2006-02-03, 12:12
Svar #6

Utloggad Ann Little

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1252
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-23, 20:10
    • Visa profil
Ishbel, stallmästare means stable-master. He would be responsible for the training of horses, in this case most probably a number of horses belonging to the Swedish army. If he was what is known as Överstallmästare ( Higher Stable-Master) he would have had the rank of Captain; if he was a Understallmästare ( Lower Stable-Master), he would have had been a Second-Lieutenant.

A Stallmästare could also act as a riding instructor.

Royalty and the aristocracy would have had stable-masters, as would most other persons of eminence.

Kind regards,
Ann

2006-02-03, 18:08
Svar #7

Ishbel Cormack

Ann Little, Ann-Carin and J. Thank you all for the translations and the description of the work of the stable-master. There is so much I have to learn.

Ishbel

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna