ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Gårdsmed what occupation is this?  (läst 763 gånger)

2003-01-03, 04:24
läst 763 gånger

Peggy Oberbeck

On the Bouppteckingar for Orebro I located my gggrandmother Charlotta Schön Ersdotter. She died 1895-1-24. Under the category Make/maka-yeke it says gårdsmed. I believe this refers to the occupation of my gggrandfather Erik Gustave Schön. What was his occupation? On his obit it said f. d. Smidesmästaren which I believe was a blacksmith master.  
Erik Gustave Schön born January 05, 1838 and Charlotta Schön Ersdotter born Dec 28, 1837, lived in Latorps, Tysslinge parish, west of Örebro.  
Thanks for any help!

2003-01-03, 06:59
Svar #1

Tomas Andersson

Gård means Farm, Estate or Manor. At most bigger estates in Sweden, they had a blacksmith. My grandmother's uncle was the same thing on a farm in Dalarna until his death in the 1960's. The best translation would probably then be Farm Smith, or something like that.  

A good link for you to have, when you are working with Swedish words is: http://www-lexikon.nada.kth.se/skolverket/sve-eng.shtml  

It's an online dictionary, free to be used by anyone.  

Something that you will find about about Swedish is the way we combine words together, without any dash or space, as you have in English. Once you figure out how to separate the words, it will be easier for you :-)

2003-01-04, 06:30
Svar #2

Peg

Thank you for the great translation web site. It works better then others I have found.  
I understand about the word combinations. While traveling in Germany it was fun trying to break the words apart to translate them.

2003-01-04, 13:42
Svar #3

Peter Karlsson / anbytarvärd (Peter)

Maybe you can have use of what's written about swedish naming practise here..

2004-09-26, 18:27
Svar #4

fredrik schön

i'm born in huddinge sthlm ...  
father bo schön not the reporter :D
grandfather erik gösta schön with then i dont know more ... do someone know where the surname schön comes from ??

2004-09-27, 15:20
Svar #5

Utloggad Heikki Särkkä

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2200
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-09-02, 15:00
    • Visa profil
Gårdsmed could perhaps be translated as 'manor blacksmith'.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna