ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Your ancestors in Swedish colonies around the Gulf of Finland and the Baltic Sea?  (läst 730 gånger)

2003-04-06, 11:57
läst 730 gånger

Pekka A.E. Husgafvel

Have You got ancient relatives in Finland, Carelia, Livonia, Estonia, or do You have any information about middleage knights and varriors (svenar, väpnare, armiger, junker etc.) who have lived or affected in these colonies?  

Three finnish Family Associations (Pihlhjerta, Brandstake and Husgafvel -Seura) have collected historical facts from the old documents and  published a book Vehkalahden Knaapit. There are plans to publish it also in swedish and maybe in english later. Few copies available in Suomen Sukututkimusseura (The Finnish Family Research Association)

So take Your time and study the interesting Swedish colonial history from 13th century until the year 1808 from the history books. Your ancestors may have been a part of it.

There are very interesting heraldical studies and research work about some of those families and their coats of arms in the link http://personal.fimnet.fi/business/pasi.pollanen/ERIKLARSSONsvenska.html
(Unfortunately in swedish only at the moment)

På svenska => Se rubrik under Gotland: KNAPAR i Karelen.

2006-02-14, 23:54
Svar #1

elizabeth

My name is Elizabeth Brandstake. I would like to be apart of the Finnish Family association.  Please send me information about that.  I live in  
Ashtabula, Ohio in the U.S. I am interested in my family heritage in Finland or Sweden.

2006-02-15, 09:56
Svar #2

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
Elizabeth, check out the web site of the Genealogical Association of Finland, at www.genealogia.fi    You may probably find a link there to the Finnish Family Association.

2006-02-15, 15:38
Svar #3

Kirsti Ervola

The three families Pihlhjerta, Husgafvel and Brandstaka have each a family society of their own, as mentioned i the comment of Pekka A.E.Husgafvel. The chairman of the Brandstaka / Tulikoura Sukuseura ry. is Jorma Tulikoura, address: Kirkkojärventie 7 B 2, 49400 Hamina, Finland. Contact him for further information on the society.
With best wishes,
KE

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna