ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Swedish Film actresses in late 1890s and early 1900s  (läst 1927 gånger)

2002-01-12, 08:22
läst 1927 gånger

jorunn Lindzén

Hello,
I have come to find out that my GGrandmother's sister's daughter was actress Anna Lisa Lindz?n. She is credited in 2 films including 'Alexander den store 1' in 1917.  I believe her mother, Hildegard was also an actress.  Does anyone know how I can find out more about Anna Lisa or Hildegard (born Lindz?n)?

Best regards,
Jorunn Lindzén

2002-01-12, 08:59
Svar #1

Jessica Pildal

Hi! www.imdb.com is a page to visit. I found Ana Lisa there, but there were also many Hildegard.

At least you will know more about the movies.

I suppose there has to be some swedish adress as well, but unfortunately I can't think of one.

2002-01-12, 09:28
Svar #2

Utloggad Lena Thelin

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 5118
  • Senast inloggad: 2020-09-16, 22:02
    • Visa profil
    • www.arleco.nu/minslakt/sv
Hello Jorrun,

I think I found her and a brother (or something) at a CD that couvers the southern part of Stockholm City 1878 to 1926.

Her name was
Anna Elisabeth Lindz?n born 12.10.1888 in Johannes parish, Stockholm county. She is a actress.

She lived at the southern during to period, the first from 26.10.1910 to sometime under 1911 and second 18.11.1915 to 13.10.1916. It was during this time the brother lived with her.

Gustaf Adolf Lindz?n born 24.12.1886 in Johannes parish, Stockholm county.

Then I found another Anna-Lisa Lindz?n in the deathbook for the time 1950 to 1999

Anna-Lisa Lindz?n born 19.6.1909 in Gävle parish, Gävleborgs County, and died 6.11.1988 in Vantör parish, Stockholm County. Very young 1917 but maybe who knows.  

I looked at the site Jessica wrote about and then it looked more like the second Anna-Lisa, they are spelled the same.

Lena Thelin

2002-01-12, 17:24
Svar #3

jorunn Lindzén

Thankyou Jessica and Lena,
Lena, what you found is very interesting.  Does the record show who the parents of Anna-Lisa were?

Best regards,
Jorunn Lindzén

2002-01-12, 18:14
Svar #4

Utloggad Lena Thelin

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 5118
  • Senast inloggad: 2020-09-16, 22:02
    • Visa profil
    • www.arleco.nu/minslakt/sv
Hello Jorunn,

No I'm sorry. This deathbook that I found the information on is a CD that covers whole Sweden. It's only death and nothing else.

Lena Thelin

2002-01-23, 03:13
Svar #5

jorunn Lindzén

This is not making complete sense yet.  My GGGrandfather, Pehr Axel (born Arfvidsson) was a shoemaker from Kalmar.  He took the name Lindzén, had his first 8 children in Kalmar, the oldest being my GGrandmother Olivia born 1868, then moved to Stockholm and had Erik Waldemar in 1883.  I am not aware that they had any more children.
If Gustaf Adolf was born in 1886 and Anna Elisabeth was born in 1888, could they be children of Pehr Axel and his wife Josephine Wilhelmina as well?  Hildegard, who I thought was Anna Lisa's mother was born in 1872.  I suppose it is possible she had her at age 16?
I am quite sure that the 1888 Anna Elisabeth is my Anna Lisa.  I have just received picture postcards of her (from Fröken Tra-La-La)from an Antique store in Stockholm and I recognize her from a family picture I saw in Sweden last summer.  She is the exact copy of my niece.  The family resemblance is very strong.  However, could the other Anna-Lisa belong to the family as well?  Perhaps she is the child of Anna Elisabeth and followed in her footsteps.  I would sure like to find out more if anyone has any ideas.

Best regards,

Jorunn Lindzén

2002-01-24, 00:03
Svar #6

Utloggad Laila Gahm

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 183
  • Senast inloggad: 2011-10-26, 15:30
    • Visa profil
Hello Jorunn,

On the CD Lena mentionned there are also some notes about your GGGrandfather:

Per Axel Linz?n, shoemaker, born 10 March 1838 in
Hult (Jonkopings adm province)

married to

Wilhelmina Teresia Josefina Lundberg, born 8 June 1844 in Klackeberga (Kalmar adm province)

They and the 8 children you are talking about plus another son of theirs (Erik Waldemar Lindz?n, born 21 March 1883 in Maria parish in Stockholm)came to the south part of Stockholm.  
The CD says that they came from Kalmar parish in Uppsala adm province!!!(not the city Kalmar in Kalmar province) on 9 Oct 1882 and they left for Storkyrkobrinken (another part om Stockholm) on 6 April 1883.

I could not find out more on this CD but I suppose it?s possible that Per Axel and Wilhelmina had two more children. Perhaps someone else can find them in Gamla stan or Johannes parish in Stockholm?

2002-01-24, 07:15
Svar #7

Utloggad Rolf Liljhammar

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 466
  • Senast inloggad: 2010-12-03, 04:58
    • Visa profil
Hallo!
In Svenskt skådespelarlexikon (Swedish  
actors  
dictionary) ISBN 91-37-05247-0 you will find  
Anna  
Lisa Lindz?n on page 558.
She is mentioned as actress in:
Alexander den store 'Alexander the  
great'(1917)
as Filippa Ottesen, and,
Den förgyllda lergöken Unknown part 1924

Regards  
Rolf L

2002-01-24, 21:57
Svar #8

jorunn Lindzén

Rolf,
Thankyou.  Can you tell me how I can access the Svensk Skådespelarlexikon?  Is there any further information regarding Anna Lisa?  Where she came from, any other acting relatives, etc.?

Best regards,
Jorunn Lindzén

2002-01-27, 03:43
Svar #9

jorunn Lindzén

Thankyou,
One more point.  On the back of one of the picture postcards, which has been postmarked, it is addressed to Herr Edvin Johansson, Agnegatan 31 IIII tr. Härstädes.  It looks like it is postmarked Stockholm 1913.  The message reads,
En hjärtlig gratulation på Namnsdagen av Greta.

1.  Is Härstädes an area in Stockholm?
2.  Does anyone have information on who Edvin Johansson was, who he lived with, his children, etc.
3.  What is the significance of Namnsdag

Best regards,  
Jorunn Lindzén

2002-01-27, 09:36
Svar #10

Utloggad Maud Svensson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 21984
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-23, 15:34
    • Visa profil
1. ”Härstädes” means ”here”, ”in this place”, here in Stockholm. Agnegatan is a street in Kungsholmen, Stockholm.

2. A postcard could be bought by anyone anywhere and be sent to anybody, so Edvin Johansson is likely to have been - anybody.  

3. Namnsdag is name-day. The name-day of Edvin is March 11.        

Kind regards,
Maud
Hälsar vänligen
Maud

2002-01-28, 00:54
Svar #11

jorunn Lindzén

Thankyou for the information.  Does anyone know if it would be common to purchase a picture postcard of a character in a play or film unless it was purchased at the theater?  Can anyone tell me how these postcards were generally used or distributed?

Best regards,

Jorunn

2002-01-28, 07:23
Svar #12

Utloggad Maud Svensson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 21984
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-23, 15:34
    • Visa profil
Sending picture postcards to relatives and friends was very popular at the time. The pictures usually were (as they still are) photos of the town or the countryside where the cards were sold. Photos of famous people - the royal family, nobilities, artists of all kind - also was common. Rembember that this was a time when newspapers had none or very few photos and long before anyone could buy a camera. You had to go to a professional photographer to get a photo of yourself. So photos were rare at the time and very much appreciated.

I would think that Anna Lisa did that - she went to a photographer's atelier or maybe the photographer came to the theater to take pictures of the artists. It may be that the theater ordered postcards to sell to the visitors of its performances. It may also be that the photographer - with or without Anna Lisa's permission - made postcards of her portrait and offered them to his customers or sold them to book and paper shops where anyone could buy them.    

Kind regards,
Maud
Hälsar vänligen
Maud

2002-01-28, 19:31
Svar #13

Eva Leksell

Hildegard and Anna-Lisa Lindz?n were sisters. Björn ”Nalle” Halldén wrote an article in Thalia (a magazine) in december 1911 about his 25 years at the theatre. And when he comes to the time when he was engaged at Södra teatern, he says:

”Där togo Hildegard Lindzén - syster till Oscarsteaterns Anna-Lisa - och  August Svensson för första gången publiken med storm, tack vare sitt käcka uppträdande i 'Farinelli'. Två nya stjärnor på en afton!” (There HL - sister of A-L at the Oscars' theatre - and AS took the audience by storm for the first time, due to their ..? appearance in ”Farinelli”. Two new stars in one evening!) 

Nalle Halldén and Hildegard Lindzén could have been a couple for some time without being formally married. (If a marriage is mentioned in Expressen 1955 it should be a misunderstanding.)

Jorunn, may I suggest that you stick to one discussion when you ask questions about the same people. You have started several discussions about them - without making any references between them. That is confusing and can also be misleading. (Actually I am contributing to the confusion by referring to facts you have given in some other discussion - I don't remember which.)

2002-01-29, 12:28
Svar #14

Utloggad Rolf Liljhammar

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Hi Jorunn!

”Svenskt Filmskådespelarlexikon” ' Swedish Movie actors dictionary' was printed 1973, and I believe it's almost impossible to find outside the libraries.

Anna Lisa Lindz?n is mentioned in a few lines.

I'll quote:

” Lindz?n, Anna Lisa.

1917  ”Alexander den store” (Filippa Ottesen) - Svenska Bio - Mauritz Stiller.

1924  ”Den förgyllda lergöken”  (okänd roll) - Fondfilm - Bror Berger”

That's all, except for a photograph, en face, of a cute smiling girl.

I can't e-mail the picture right now, but if you wish, I will look for som friend who might help me.

Regards

Rolf L

2002-01-29, 17:47
Svar #15

jorunn Lindzén

Rolf,
Thankyou very much!  I would love it if you could email the picture.  It would make my day.

Eva,
Thankyou for all the information.  It is amazing. The only thing I can find on Farinelli is the modern movie about the castrati.  I wonder if the subject matter is the same.

Best regards,
Jorunn Lindzén

2002-01-29, 18:04
Svar #16

Utloggad Hans Kagebeck

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 21
  • Senast inloggad: 2008-01-15, 22:48
    • Visa profil
Hello Jorunn,
I found some information of Anna Lisa Lindz?n on the database http://us.imdb.com/ (International movie data base), but no photos I'm afraid.  Anyway, try it, it's a very useful site for people interested in movies, actors a.s.o.

Best regards
Hans Kagebeck

2002-02-03, 19:09
Svar #17

Eva Leksell

Jorunn,

Hildegard Lindzén is briefly mentioned in a book I found at the library: ”Södra teatern” by Staffan Tjerneld, p. 85-86. A magazine or newspaper article from 1899 is quoted and it says that she had quit the theatre and was gone to Norway. Further, in my translation: ”She was pretty that girl, and there was a time when she was beleived to be something for Stockholm. Will she never come back?”  

Gone to Norway? Should it not be Denmark?

And, indeed, there she is on a photo, posing in a fancy hat and dress. Perhaps some kind soul could scan or copy it for you.

The book is available at least at the central library in Stockholm.

2002-02-05, 03:29
Svar #18

jorunn Lindzén

Thankyou so much.  It would be fantastic to have copies of these pictures, especially scanned if anyone can or would like to.  They could be emailed to jlindzen@hotmail.com

Best regards,

Jorunn

2002-02-07, 15:25
Svar #19

Utloggad Birgit Lindgren

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 119
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-01-27, 15:26
    • Visa profil
I have mailed a scanned copy of the picture to you Jorunn,

Kind regards
Birgit

2002-02-08, 03:44
Svar #20

jorunn Lindzén

Thankyou very much.  Now the only one missing that I know of is the one Rolf mentions with Anna-Lisa.

Best regards and thankyou to all.

Jorunn

2002-02-08, 16:02
Svar #21

Utloggad Birgit Lindgren

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 119
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-01-27, 15:26
    • Visa profil
I have mailed the picture of Anna-Lisa to you

best regards
Birgit

2002-02-13, 07:42
Svar #22

jorunn Lindzén

Thank you all so much.  Through all of this, I have now located a living son of a brother to Olivia, Hildegard and Anna-Lisa.  I hope to learn a lot more now!

Best regards,

Jorunn Lindzén

2002-02-28, 06:26
Svar #23

jorunn Lindzén

I now know that Hildegard was engaged to Björn (Nalle) Halldén, but she never married him.  Rather she married a Danish dentist.  I do not know his name.  She moved to Denmark - Copenhagen.  I have not been able to trace her from there.
Anna-Lisa (I believe she was born Anna Elisabet) married someone by the name of Svebonius (a Finnish military man), I am told.  I have not been able to find this name anywhere.  Any suggestions?

Best reguards,

Jorunn

2002-02-28, 07:12
Svar #24

Utloggad Rolf Liljhammar

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Hi Jorunn!
I'm sorry! You are not forgotten, but I have  
been  
too buzy for a while.
I'll try to find a friend with a working scanner  
and try to send the picture.
Probably it's one you already have got, its a  
classical starlet-photo.

But -  give me som time and I'll see what I can  
do

Kindest regards - and an apologize.

Rolf L

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna