ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Sune Bergman  (läst 3443 gånger)

2012-02-13, 19:40
läst 3443 gånger

Utloggad Danielle Jonsson-Lopez

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 19
  • Senast inloggad: 2012-11-28, 19:57
    • Visa profil
    • www.istalkdeadpeople.blogspot.com
I have wondered who Sune Bergman was in relation to my family, as we have books he authored, with personal notes written inside, and some artwork on wood he apparently taught my grandfather how to do, and some engravings. (The information and pictures about Sune are in detail HERE: http://istalkdeadpeople.blogspot.com/2012/01/sune-bergman-swedish-handwriting.ht ml  and  HERE: http://istalkdeadpeople.blogspot.com/2012/02/sune-bergman-part-tva.html

I've learned Sune (born 1890) was my grandfather's uncle. He married Emma Linnea Jonsson, Helge Jonsson's sister, who was father to my grandfather Arthur Jonsson. So to me, Sune would be my great great uncle by marriage.

I have Sune's birthdate and parents' names, and basic info, but I read his father was wealthy in the area, and that Sune cared for the Lappish people of the area in Kalix quite a bit. He wrote books and based his artwork on the places and people of that area.  

My interest is learning from someone from the area who is familiar with Sune Bergman and who Sune was in relation to the history of the Kalix area. Thanks!!

PS - I have learned the island my father and his sisters inherited (from my profile info) was passed down from an uncle of my grandfathers.... Which is what Sune was. There was a request that my father received from Sweden that asked for him and my aunts to sign over their rights of the island to the local family of the area. My aunts signed, but my father never did, I think. So I am not sure of his rights to it. But I would love to know if this island came from Sune's family, and would LOVE to see some pictures of it. If anyone would be interested, I have the letters addressed to my father from Sweden. Maybe I'd be lucky enough for someone to tell me what that was all about, and maybe conclude from the letter where this island is.

Thanks!
Dani

2012-02-13, 22:50
Svar #1

Utloggad Kerstin Farm

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 475
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-03-17, 20:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.farm.se
Hello Dani

Do you want the proper translation or is the homepage old. It seems to me that the couple visited Sweden in 1958 and then got the book from Sune.  
Bruksanvisning is just user guide. read 5 pages at a time and you will fall asleep well.

Kerstin Farm
Sweden

2012-02-13, 23:23
Svar #2

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
The translation of the inscriptions on each book I just put into google translate, and had some trouble, because I could not read some of the letters in the words. Knowing what they said, for sure, would be great. There are 4 different notes. I had the most trouble with the note inside the book Nog Går Det Bra. I have no idea what he's talking about there besides Christmas.

I tried translating these books before I realized he was family. He addressed my great grandparents as friends so I assumed they just somehow knew him, because they were from the same area of Sweden. I didn't realize Sune was married to My great grandfather's Sister.

I don't have knowledge of all the years my grandparents went back to Sweden to visit, but my dad was born in 1957, and I remember my grandmother (who was German) showing me the Swedish boy baby clothes my great grandparents had brought back from Sweden for my dad to wear. (She only dressed him in it when she knew they were coming over, because to a German, she thought they looked funny.)But, those clothes were tiny, so I assume they did go when my dad was only about a year or two old. 1958 sounds right.

There were many other times throughout their years in America that they went back to Sweden. I wish I knew when those years were. I can only judge from information like that above, or from the ages my grandpa and great grandparents looked in the pictures of them in Sweden.

2012-02-14, 06:35
Svar #3

Utloggad Göran Stenberg

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 3170
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-09-03, 16:24
    • Visa profil
Danielle, I advise you to contact Magnus Cedergren. He's the man!

(Meddelandet ändrat av GSt 2012-02-15 04:49)

2012-02-14, 06:42
Svar #4

Utloggad Göran Stenberg

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
But are you really sure that your family Jönsson was related to Linnea Bergman, née Jonsson?

2012-02-14, 08:04
Svar #5

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Thanks Goran! I'm still looking for the solid documents to confirm this link.  
   In trying to find the link to Sune, since I thought it was odd my family had so many of his writings, notes, and artwork, (there are also several lithographs we have that I never realized were Sune's until I looked in his books, and saw the same ones there.) The only link I was able to find was Linnea, so far. But yes, I am lacking Linnea Bergman (Jonsson)'s birth date to compare to my own Linnea. I have not come across it yet, as I am still just learning how to navigate around Swedish vital records. If anyone knows a solid date for her, I can confirm (or not confirm) her as his wife for certain.

If I have no luck in finding Sune's wife's birthdate, will the Magnus you suggested above be able to point me in the right direction?  

Thanks so much!

Dani

2012-02-14, 08:11
Svar #6

Utloggad Göran Stenberg

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Yes, contact Magnus. He knows everything concerning this Bergman family. I would suggest that Linnea, née Jonsson, was born about 1893 in Töre.

2012-02-14, 08:18
Svar #7

Utloggad Eva Dahlberg

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 4039
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-12, 18:31
    • Visa profil
Hi Dani, in your profile, you have by mistake put the umlauts on Helge's surname so you call him Jönsson - which is a totally different name than Jonsson. The umlauts on our three extra letters å ä ö give words at totally different meaning  

I had a quick look at the inscriptions from Sune - it's vänliga hälsningar - not vanliga hälsningar which gives what we Swede's write to you with kind regards but American's often in stead I think write a phrase with Greetings. So it translates to that (not vanliga=casual)

Thanks for the e-mail a week ago, I haven't had the time to answer you.

/Eva

2012-02-14, 08:31
Svar #8

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Ok. Thank you. I posted a question in the kalixforskarna discussion board, as someone in a post had recommended I try there, but now I am not sure if that board is just open to anyone, so I may have imposed. I hope that I didn't.  

When you refer to Jönsson and Jonsson I was not aware that there was a difference. Are they completely different surnames? The way my father was told was that our ö was changed to an o after they immigrated, as ö is not in our English alphabet. I get confused.  
   In America, our surname is Jonsson (sounding in English like Jone-Son). In Swedish records, am I looking for Jönsson or Jonsson? This might be incredibly helpful, because I was not aware there was a complete difference!  

And the birthdate I have for my Linnea Jonsson is October 15, 1893. (as for place, I have Nederkalix. Is this also Töre? I have learned now that my great grandfather was from Töre, but their home in Sweden, when they spoke of it to children/grandchildren was always Nederkalix

Thanks so much for helping me with the questions.

2012-02-14, 08:36
Svar #9

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Oh, Hi Eva! I just saw your post after I sent the last one.  Thank you for clarifying that. So, my Jonsson's are Strictly Jonsson's and not Jönsson?

2012-02-14, 08:41
Svar #10

Utloggad Eva Dahlberg

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Dani, your last name did not change - they were Jonssons (our you gave me the wrong Helge Sigurd ...  )

If you look at a list of Swedish first names (given names) here, you may see some of them.

The umlauts for your keyboard.

I have to go to work!
/Eva

PS. for other's, I did some resaerch for Dani  three weeks ago on her Stenman and Jonsson line.

2012-02-14, 08:48
Svar #11

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Thanks! I'll take a look at the links tomorrow.... I couldn't sleep so I checked my email and saw the replies...time flew, and now it's almost 2am! My tiny kids will be up in a few short hours, so as much as I hate stepping away right now, I HAVE to get some sleep!  They are 5, 3, and 1... those are very unforgiving ages when it comes to their energy levels.  

Have a nice day at work, and thanks again for your help,Eva!

2012-02-14, 08:53
Svar #12

Utloggad Eva Dahlberg

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Some more first though, Gustav Jonsson's daughter Emma Linnea was born 11 October 1893 in Töre village, Nederkalix parish (at that time - Töre became a parish of it's own as of 1909).
Source: birth book Nederkalix CI:8 (1877-1894) page 360, child 296 for 1893.

The family is found in the household examination rolls at Nederkalix AI:11f (1891-1899) page 118.
The screen shot is too big, I'll have to email it to you.

Consistent with the date of birth for this lady (at the time of her death living on Hökmossevägen - in your dedication with the Christmas greeting it says from us in Hökmossen)

18931011-8949
Bergman, Emma Linnea
Hökmossev 37 nb
126 38  Hägersten
Dead 10/22/1988.
Registered (1976) in Hägersten, Stockholms stad (Stockholms län, Södermanland). Registered for taxation (1976) in the same parish.
Born 10/11/1893 in Nederkalix (Norrbottens län, Norrbotten).
Widow (1/22/1976).
--------------

/Eva

And also Sune - both from the DVD Swedish Death Index 1901-2009

18900523-8937
Bergman, Sune Krister
Hökmossev 37 Nb
126 38 Hägersten
(Address as of Nov 1, 1970)
Dead 1/22/1976.
Registered (1976) in Hägersten, Stockholms stad (Stockholms län, Södermanland). Registered for taxation (1976) in the same parish.
Born 5/23/1890 in Nederkalix (Norrbottens län, Norrbotten).
Married man (10/7/1923).
--------------

(Meddelandet ändrat av edah 2012-02-14 08:58)

(Meddelandet ändrat av edah 2012-02-14 09:07)

2012-02-14, 09:21
Svar #13

Utloggad Göran Stenberg

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
She was a registered nurse - Red Cross or Sophia?

2012-02-15, 00:10
Svar #14

Utloggad Tord Påhlman

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2085
  • Senast inloggad: 2017-11-13, 21:51
    • Visa profil
As a teenager I worked as a trainee in the world-wide telecommunications company Ericsson. Sune Bergman was working in the company some years before his retirement. I remember him very well and for a period I was seeing him daily. I bought his book Med näver och glödstift and I think I gave it as a gift to someone.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna