ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Ilegitmate sons of Gustaf III  (läst 1138 gånger)

2006-06-17, 03:39
läst 1138 gånger

Martn Aspllaga

Does any one know if Gustaf III had an illegitimate son?

My great-great grandfather, Carlos Gustavo Anderson, came to Callao (Perú) from Sweden in the XIXth century in a British ship commanded by a captain Guise, who was part of General San Martín’s expedition for independence.  His exact origins are unknown.  Yet in his deathbed he claimed to be an escapee of the 1792 conspiracy against Gustaf III and that he had taken the name of Anderson from the British captain that took him in Sweden.  He also claimed to be an illegitimate son of Gustaf III.

In http://genealogia.perucultural.org.pe the only site were I found his name, he is registered as born in Sweden in 1777 and died in Lima in 1862.  He is registered as son to an Andrés Anderson and a Catalina.  

Where do you suggest I should start searching for any evidence around this story?

You can write me to martin.aspillaga@bain.com

Martín

2006-06-17, 10:52
Svar #1

Utloggad Jojje Lintrup

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1204
  • Senast inloggad: 2014-12-16, 14:51
    • Visa profil
At the time of the birth of Carl Gustaf Andersson, in 1777, there was thousands and thousands of Anders Anderssons married with Catarinas, so it is in fact impossible to trace an ancestor with that name in Sweden. It would be like tracing a Juan Pérez born in Perú, who was the son of José Pérez and María…
But there is some hope.
San Martín’s expedition to Perú came from the south, from Chile and Argentina. The British ship he arrived with, probably carried soldiers from those countries (in particularly Chile). So maybe it would be easier to find his origin searching passenger lists in Argentina and Chile, as the name Andersson is uncommon there. Maybe you will find something more, a place of birth, or something else, that may do it easier to find your ancestor in Sweden?
Then we have the story about being part of the conspiracy against Gustaf III. That is pure nonsense! A man called Andersson ought to be born as a farmer’s son, or a crofter. And those who were involved in the conspiracy against the king were members of the Swedish nobility.
The story about being the illegitimate son of Gustaf III, is also rubbish. The Swedish king Gustaf III is known to be sexually impotent, unless he got assisting help from a man. In fact there are serious doubts about him being father of his own children…

Lo siento mucho, pero esta es la realidad.

Jorge

2006-06-17, 11:49
Svar #2

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
At the time of the murder of Gustaf III your Carl Gustaf would only have been 15 years old, and nobody lets a teenager be part of such an important conspiration.  

I would suggest that you try to identify the British ship and its crew, and then continue your research in Great Britain.

2006-06-18, 08:36
Svar #3

Utloggad Maj-Britt Sundin

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 965
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-25, 16:19
    • Visa profil
    • www.jamshog.net
It's also said that Gustav III was gay so I think it's not probable at all.

2006-06-18, 19:45
Svar #4

Utloggad Johan Sjöberg

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 345
  • Senast inloggad: Aldrig
    • Visa profil
The most important biographies on Gustav III during the last 25 years are written by Professor Erik Lönnroth(1986) och Dr Leif Landén (2004), both qualified academic scholars. Both are of the opinion that there is no evidence that Gustav was a homosexual. The rumours about that emanate mostly from his many political enemies.
The same thing can probably be said about his so- called impotence. The queen borne him two living sons. There were some rumours about his eldest son, but several authors write that the king was very indignated and never doubted that the heir was his own son.
Johan Sjöberg

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna