ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: German officers in Gustavus Adolphus 1630 army?English in Finish army?  (läst 1280 gånger)

2001-01-30, 12:00
läst 1280 gånger

Utloggad Deb Hanna

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 27
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-01-24, 16:54
    • Visa profil
Does anyone have info. on German officers who served under Gustavus Adolphus in Sweden in 1630? After serving, they were supposed to have been given land grants and remained in Sweden.English officers did the same thing in Finland.  My family names for my great grandfather and great grandmother were Glantz and Locke.  Could these be how they arrived? So long ago....

Deb Glantz Hanna
USA

2001-01-30, 18:27
Svar #1

Jonas Kuschner (Jonas)

Germans have immigrated to Sweden continuously for a long time and may have come here for any number of reasons. There is no reason to assume any particular reason or time period for their immigration. And Glantz may not even be a German name. It may well be Swedish in origin, even though its appearance is somewhat German. Cf. this page:

http://aforum.genealogi.se/discus/messages/9532/10724.html?977953940

There you will find Glantz used, as it seems, as a Swedish soldier's name (a name given to an individual soldier for easier identification during their time in a certain regiment or company, and sometimes kept as a family name after that). There may be many completely unrelated Glantz families from entirely different parts of Sweden.

In any case, you seem to have insufficient data to draw any conclusions, especially concerning such a distant period as the early or mid 17th century. A name or two is not enough. You will first need to safely identify your Swedish ancestors immediately prior to emigration. Then it will probably not be too difficult to find their origins, whether they are Swedish or German.

2001-01-31, 00:56
Svar #2

Utloggad Deb Hanna

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Thanks for the info. This seems like a lifetime of work but it is fascinating. I am zeroing in on a town and municipality for the family but so much is conjecture. Every discovery is very exciting. I will soon have the name of ship he came over on I hope. These are the first hunting and gathering stages of my research.
Deb Glantz Hanna USA

2002-09-13, 18:18
Svar #3

Utloggad Heikki Särkkä

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2200
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-09-02, 15:00
    • Visa profil
I am a bit late in answering, but I have always wondered about the origin of one Leonhardt Aichmöller coming to Finland as 'Gutsverwalter' about 1650 and later serving as officer in the Swedish army.

Heikki Särkkä, Finland

2002-09-13, 19:52
Svar #4

Utloggad Kurt Persson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 189
  • Senast inloggad: 2008-01-24, 22:01
    • Visa profil
G-gruppen, a special group of people helping each other with migration questions around the Baltic sea, may be able to help with Germans emigrating to sweden in the past. Please go to their home page;
www.G-gruppen.net
Regards
Kurt

2004-04-04, 17:02
Svar #5

Deb Glantz Hanna

My Per Erik Söderlund Glans was born in Matfors..to Johan Söderlund...he emmigrated to the US in 1881.  I have found him on the Tuna Parish info.  THank you so much.  Now, I just read some info on workers at the mills of MAtfors...they came from Russia too.  I also have been reading about the Germans who migrated to Norska, Russia...soem names Glantz.  I would like to learn more details about the mill workers of Matfors.

2010-06-15, 21:51
Svar #6

Utloggad Moderator Västergötland

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 760
  • Senast inloggad: Aldrig
    • Visa profil
Two advertisement contributions have been deleted.

Best regards,
Viktoria Jonasson

2017-11-15, 15:33
Svar #7

Utloggad Deb Hanna

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
found him!.PE that is...not any ancestor in the German army...family in Sweden for centuries...charcoal burners....his military records and some of his family...no Russia involved...altho my DNA has a bit.....P.E. was born in Matfirs 1835..family from Langby and Lake dellen area...and MAtfors area..I may have tracked him back to Finland...to a Soderlund then Bock line, but still tenuous...PE was just drafted and spent time in Stockholm and around..his dad was a Soderlund..He did have a 2nd marriage to Karin LAx whose dad Carl Lax was a trumpetor trumpeter in the army in Finland....but he moved to Langby, Sweden....

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna