ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Dianne  (läst 482 gånger)

2008-04-05, 23:03
läst 482 gånger

Utloggad Dianne Catalano

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 25
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-12-14, 02:51
    • Visa profil
Hi!
I am wondering if anyone has information about education in Strängnäs in the late 1600s-early 1700s. My ancestor, Nils Jonasson Diurberg, has military records showing that he learned to read and write at Strängnäs. (Diurberg was his soldier name. He enlisted in 1709, age 18.) I believe Nils was a peasant, but I know nothing about his parents. He came from Floda parish, Södermanlands, when he enlisted. He was in rote 301, Västra Granhed. The rotefarms were Granhed (1 mantal), Österby (1/4 mant.), and Girtop (1/4 mant.). The possessor of all 3 (1686) was Agn. (likely Agneta) Ribbing, of the noble Ribbing family.
I wish to learn: 1. How a peasant boy would have had a chance to study at Stängnäs. 2. If there were other schools in Strängnäs, besides the Cathedral school. 3. If the students at Strängnäs would have all been boarders (as I wonder if Nils' parents could have lived nearby, such he could have lived at home). 4. If wealthy families ever covered the cost of a peasant's schooling so that the peasant would qualify for the military (and thus provide a needed recruit under the Allotment system).

2008-04-06, 04:35
Svar #1

Utloggad Camilla Eriksson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 3135
  • Senast inloggad: 2016-05-28, 10:43
    • Visa profil
It wasn't uncommon for peasant boys to study. Some of then returned home and became farmers, many became priests and some went on to study Law, Economy or Medicine. Either the parents paid for the boy's studies or he received a scholarshp from a wealthy family in the home parish. Most of the times the students were boarders.
As far as I know there were only the Cathedral school in Strängnäs at the time in question.

2008-04-06, 14:39
Svar #2

Utloggad Dianne Catalano

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 25
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-12-14, 02:51
    • Visa profil
Thank you so much for helping. Do you know if there is any way I might get information about the register of students at Strengnes 1700-1730. It is mentioned in an article Fra svensker til dansker, which is about my ancestor. I am wondering if there is any way I could find out what years my ancestor would have been at Strängnäs.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna