ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Churches in Sweden  (läst 722 gånger)

2007-05-23, 16:29
läst 722 gånger

baokbob

Hello,

I have been to the following site to view churches (Kyrkas) of my Ancestors:

http://www.kms.raa.se/cocoon/bild/public_search_alpha.html

I have located many churches that my relatives belong to including Huaröd, Hörröd, Maglehem, Degeberga in Kristianstad Län.

Torpa in Kronoberg Län.

Others include Filipstad, Brattfors, Nyed  
in Värmland Län.

My question I ask is why can I not find the church for Färnebo Parish?  Was there not a Kyrka or did they attend Brattfors, Filipstad or another?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

2007-05-23, 19:09
Svar #1

matsen

Anbytarforum*****
    Färnebo Anbytarforum: Landskap: Värmland: Socknar: Färnebo Kallades ursprungligen Värmlandsberg. Från 1971-01-01 uppgått i Filipstad.

2007-05-23, 19:38
Svar #2

Utloggad Ingela Martenius

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1489
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-10-25, 18:20
    • Visa profil
Bob,

Färnebo was originally called Värmlandsberg. But there are no photos of Värmlandsberg either.
There's no guarantee you know. I find it a lot less upsetting that a small rural church like Värmlandsberg/Färnebo isn't there than that the cathedral of Göteborg is missing (all the other 12 cathedrals are there!!).

Ingela

2007-05-23, 20:24
Svar #3

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
Bob, Färnebo is the parish surrounding Filipstad, and nowadays they are amalgamated into one parish. Färnebo never had a separate church, the people used and still uses the Filipstad church.  

Before 1611, when Filipstad was founded, there was a church outside the area, where the town was built, but it was abandoned, and a new church built in the same place as where the church is still standing. The present church was built in the later 1700s after a couple of older ones had burnt. The old-fashioned towns, consisting of wooden houses, usually burnt about once every 50-70 years. Luckily they managed to save the church records that start in 1651.

2007-05-23, 22:21
Svar #4

baokbob

Matsen, Ingela and Elisabeth.

As usual, Thanks for your help.

This is such a wonderful site.

Bob

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna