ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Where is Lunden?  (läst 631 gånger)

1999-10-13, 04:39
läst 631 gånger

Mitzi Dentler

Hej

One of the inscriptions (1878) in a family Bible says that they lived in Lunden.  Most of the family was from Karlstorp (village and parish) so Lunden is probably not far away. Is it a farm or a village?  Thank you for your help.
Mitzi Dentler
Richland, WA

1999-10-13, 08:53
Svar #1

Christian Andersson

Hi Mitzi.

I presume that it is Karlstorp parish in Småland (Vetlanda kommun, Jönköpings län, 68517) that you are looking for? Svensk Ortsförteckning 1965 gives about eighty entries for Lunden. Nine of them are within Jönköpings län, but none of them seems to be close to Karlstorp parish. The closest one is a farm in Nässjö. Maybe someone living in this area can give you the wanted information.

Regards from Sweden - Christian Andersson

1999-10-13, 17:14
Svar #2

Carl Szabad

Mitzi: The closest place Lunden from Karlstorp parish is a farm in Skirö parish in the same community, Vetlanda. There are 19 Lunden in the district of Jönköping so this is only a very vague guess.

1999-10-16, 12:34
Svar #3

Mitzi Dentler

Hej

Thank you both for your answers. According to the Swedish-English Lexicon website, Lunden means grove in English, so it seems appropriate in an area of many trees and forests.  How are the forests in Sweden protected? Is logging restricted?  Here in the Pacific Northwest there is much degradation of both the private and the government-owned forests.  

Mitzi

1999-10-20, 10:14
Svar #4

Karl-Henrik Ryden

Hej Mitzi,  
I was born in Edshult parish, close to Karlstorp. Although I do not know of Lunden, I know it is a common name of small farmes in the area, often pronaunced Lunnen.
I am almost sure that you should continue to look in or near Karlstorp.  
Either Lunden could have been a croft, side-cottage, soldier's cottage etc., or it is a short form for a larger farm, still on the map.
I have found the following farms that might end up as Lunden: Gripslund, Björkelund, Rydalund and Fridslund. There might be more farms ending with lund, which were not on my map.

/karl

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna