ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Where is Flo parish?  (läst 498 gånger)

2000-08-31, 04:42
läst 498 gånger

David Floodstrand

Looking for Flo parish? Samuel Andersson Flodstrand Born in Flo parish 20/9/1839, and his wife Johanna Andersdotter Flodstrand born 7/1/1842 also in Flo parish. Where is it? Any information would be greatly appreciated. They were both originally Anderssons is that unusual? How can I tell one Andersson family from another?
                    Thank You,
                    David Floodstrand

2000-08-31, 06:38
Svar #1

Donna Corlett

Hey there David! Flo parish is in the county of Skaraborg (Iän), province of Västergotland (Landskap).  
I believe I have that right!...if you use those steps I gave you, there is a section specifically for Flo parish (Socknar) under the Västergotland (Landskap) heading...OK?

Good luck to you!
Donna

2000-08-31, 15:16
Svar #2

Laila Normann

Hi again David! This Samuel might be yours, even if it say Sal as parish. But, after what I can see, there is no place called Sal, and I think that might be a misspelling.

Samuel ANDERSSON Sex: M Event(s): Christening:  
20 Sep 1839 Sal, Skaraborg, Sweden  
Parents:
Father: Anders SAMUELSSON  
Mother: Lisa JOHANSDOTTER  

this one looks good:
Johanna ANDERSSON  Sex: F Event(s): Christening:  
8 Jan 1842 Flo, Skaraborg, Sweden  
Parents:
Father: Anders JONSSON  
Mother: Maria LARSDTR  

And as you can see, both had a Anders for a father... you can't really tell them apart, unless you have the fathers name... and, it was not unusual that both were Anders..., and especially Anders was a very common name in Sweden those days...
I dont know anything about Skaraborgs län, though...
Laila

2000-08-31, 17:28
Svar #3

Roland Johansson

Sal is the neighbouring parish just northeast of Flo.

2000-08-31, 21:18
Svar #4

Utloggad Carl-Fredrik Hanzon

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1959
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-08-09, 16:27
    • Visa profil
Hallo David!

In that case that you are not so familiar with the swedish name-traditions, I can tell you that (with a few rare exeptions) there were no Andersson families in the early 19th century. Rather few people, in particular on the countryside, had family names. Instead they had patronymika: the father´s christian name followed by -son or -dotter (=daughter). The only thing you call tell from a name like Andersson, Persson or Månsson (in this early period, it changed within the period c1860-1900 to steady family-names), is that the bearers had fathers with the names Anders, Per (or Peter) and Måns (or Magnus). Probably your Johanna Andersson was an Andersdotter from the beginning, but were changed to Andersson. That is also a pattern, typical for the second half of the 19th century, parallel with the assuming of family names.

In the cities, family names were more common. But they were generally not of the type Andersson or Svensson, but of the type Hellström, Löfgren, or Borg (the same type of name as Flodstrand). Again it was not unusual with a combination of a patronyikon and a family name: f. ex. Lars Johansson Lundberg. Even in that case you can be sure that the father´s name was Johan (or Johannes, Jan, Jöns or other name with the same origin), but you can never be sure that the father was called Lundberg too. It could as well have been assumed by Lars himself.

2000-08-31, 21:44
Svar #5

David Floodstrand

WoW!
 When Donna Corlett told me this was the best site for Swedish geneaology I was skeptical. But I have learned more here in two days,than I have in two months surfing other websites! Thanks to you generous, and knowlegeable people. I can assure you that as I become more knowing of all things Swedish, I will in turn pass it along to those who want it.  
Sincerely Grateful, David Floodstrand

2000-09-01, 10:00
Svar #6

Laila Normann

Hi Roland! Thank you for correcting me! I made a quick search yesterday in Rötter-hjälpen, and did get no matches found., but today....  
Laila

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna