ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Where is Bockervid on Malon  (läst 654 gånger)

2003-03-25, 00:50
läst 654 gånger

clara

I have been searching for birth of Johan Anton OLOFSSON, now found Morlanda Parish Oct 12 1855 with parents living in Bockervid on Malon.  Can anyone help with the location as I have been unable to locate where this is, but feel close to Orust.  Johan was the son of Olof OLSSON and Anna Sofia Gustafsdotter and I know there were other siblings.  Would love to hear from anyone researching this family, as well as the location of Malon.  Thank you from Australia.

2003-03-25, 02:35
Svar #1

Anders Andersson

I don't know where or what Bockervid is, but the website Orter på Orust has some maps and pictures from the area, including Flatö and Malö islets (Malön is simply the definite form of Malö, both forms are used almost interchangeably).

North of Orust (on the mainland) there is a place called Bokenäs. Maybe the Boke part can be found in other place-names nearby? On the southern part of Orust itself (another map), south of Malö, you can find Boxviks kile, perhaps a better match for Bockervid although not on Malö itself.

There are several parishes on Orust, and Malö appearantly belongs to Morlanda parish.

2003-03-25, 05:43
Svar #2

clara

Anders,
Thank you for the information and I will continue to follow it.  It looks to be a very beautiful place by the photographs.Olof OLSSON as well as Johan Anton OLOFSSON were both seaman. Thank you again, I am most grateful to you.

2003-03-25, 06:54
Svar #3

Utloggad Jöran Johansson

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 620
  • Senast inloggad: 2016-11-08, 16:57
    • Visa profil
    • www.banvakt.se
Bockervik (not Bockervid) was a place on the little island Malön according to the church records for Morlanda parish. I am not familiar with this area so I am sorry I can't give more information about the location.

Jöran Johansson

2003-03-25, 12:16
Svar #4

clara

Thank you Joran, after trying to find my roots for thirty plus years, then I appreciate any bit of information I can get.  I have made a note of the alteration in spelling as Bockervik, and I thank you sincerely.  Kind regards from Clara in Australia.
PS.  I should have found this list a long time ago!!

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna