ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: What parish is Vaddo near Stockholm  (läst 623 gånger)

2001-06-03, 04:45
läst 623 gånger

olsson

Where do I start?  Olsson and Johnsson

2001-06-03, 10:11
Svar #1

Jonas Kuschner (Jonas)

If you want anyone to help you, you could start by giving more information. Olsson and Johnsson are common patronymics which only tell you that the persons with these names had fathers with the very common first names Olof and Jo[ha]n, respectively.

And Väddö is a parish in Stockholms län, north of Stockholm in the part of Uppland called Roslagen. (Only Stockholms län is an administrative unit, the other terms are just geographical.) Church records are held in Stockholms stadsarkiv, the city archives of Stockholm, which also function as the regional archives for Stockholms län.

2002-02-20, 08:54
Svar #2

Vaddo Norberg and Olsson

Hi

I am also looking for the parish of Vaddo.  My gg grandfather (Jan Eric Norberg) parents were apparently Johanna Andersdotter (born 18370 and Matts Norberg of Vaddo.

I looked up possible matches and there was a Johanna Lovisa Andersdotter born 08 July 1837, whose parents were Anders Olsson and Johanna Westerberg.

Please let me know if you are related

2002-02-20, 13:58
Svar #3

nils

Vaddo (a with two points and o with two points) is an island north of Stockholm in Norrtälje community.

2002-09-05, 04:59
Svar #4

Elaine Warren Canter

Looking for Sophie Pettersson who married Oskar ? who had a son named Edwin born February 5, 1892 in Stockholm. Sophie is my great grandmother and I am searching to find my great grandfather's surname. My Grandfather Edwin came to the United States as a Merchant Marine sailor and changed his name to Warren. We have no records of his orginal surname. Any suggestions where I may start searching would be greatly appreciated. Should I begin with the Stockholm stadsarkiv?

2002-09-05, 22:56
Svar #5

Utloggad Sam Blixt

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6336
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-04-23, 20:37
    • Visa profil
    • samblixt.se
Väddö is a parish in Nörrtälje municipality in Stockholm County. See http://www.algonet.se/~hogman/swe_province-county.htm

Regards

Sam Blixt

2002-09-06, 22:11
Svar #6

Peter Karlsson / anbytarvärd (Peter)

It looks like Elaine's question had come under an not so good header; this is an older dicscussion concerning the parish of Väddö, north of Stockholm..
-I suggest that you Elaine put this question under a new (own) header at Anbytarforum: Landskap: Stockholm: instead..
For example you can name the discussion Edwin, born February 5, 1892 in Stockholm or something like that.. (You'll find a button for starting a new discussion at the end of that page, english is OK even in the swedish section)

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna