ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: What are the names of the parishes in Goteborg area  (läst 616 gånger)

2001-10-27, 23:14
läst 616 gånger

Robert Carlson

My grandperants came to Cardiff Wales about 1900. They were both from Goteborg. My father thinks Fur Goteborg but I can't find it on the maps. There is a place called Furuland to the east of Goteborg which may be what he is thinking of. Can any one tell me the names of the paishes for this area for the time they were born, about 1875 so that I can make searches.
Thanks
Bob

2001-10-28, 00:16
Svar #1

Utloggad Bo Berndtsson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 3221
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-24, 11:06
    • Visa profil
Bob

I can't find any Fur or Furuland in the Göteborg area but thera are a few Furulund.
East of G. you'll find them in the parishes of Partille, Lerum and Bollebygd. Those which are further away, could not be considered being in the Göteborg area.

2001-10-28, 00:32
Svar #2

Peter Karlsson (Peterk)

There is a place called 'Furulund' (and also a place 'Furuskog') just east of Gothenburg; - Both in the parish of Partille - maybe something to start with..?
There is a couple of other small places called 'Furulund' around Gothenburg - but I think that one in Partille is the closest to Gothenburg.. -and the other looks like really small places, not more than a farm or so..
Regards //Peter

2003-07-25, 14:41
Svar #3

Gilles Monette

Mrs,Mr,
I am a french canadian from Quebec and my mother name is Jeanne D'arc Wellman.My research on Wallman family said to me that John Wallman maried Catherine Wiseman in Quebec city in 1829. The father of John was Paul Wallman and maried Catherina Borgstrum( they live in Karlskrona in Sweden).I think that the province is Blekinge and the district Blekinge.In a other map I read Kallinge???.

Can you confirm the province and the district? Can you give me the date of their marriage?Theirs children? When John Wallman leave his family and country for America: New-York or a place in Canada (East of Canada)?In which ship?

Paul Wallman should be a german name.Is it true?Borgstroum is a standard family name in Sweden?

Thank you for your disponibility.

Gilles Monette, Canada

2003-07-25, 15:01
Svar #4

Utloggad Bo Berndtsson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 3221
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-24, 11:06
    • Visa profil
Karlskrona and Kallinge are both in the province Blekinge, but they are not in the Gothenburg area. You'll have to go across the country to the eastern coast.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna