ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Staden does this mean """"city"""" (Hedemora)  (läst 427 gånger)

2004-03-03, 01:24
läst 427 gånger

Victoria Boutilier

I am looking at the Husforhuslangd 1830-1839 for Hedemora. I am trying to find the family and siblings of Carolina Sophia Andersdotter born August 19, 1835 to Anders Jansson and Anna Andersdotter who were at the time of birth living at a place that looked like Staden. Where is this place, what is it  (i.e.  farm, village) And am I spelling it correctly?

2004-03-03, 06:28
Svar #1

Anders Andersson

Staden means the town and in this case refers to the town Hedemora, yes (I find the word city something of a misnomer, as many of those old towns weren't very big anyway, but may have had perhaps a thousand inhabitants).

Before the local government reform of 1971, some 100+ Swedish towns were formally distinguished and recognized as such, giving them a nominal status different from that of the countryside. Earlier, towns enjoyed certain legal rights pertaining to trade and taxation, but the differences between towns and other parishes gradually diminished and in the 1960's amounted to a mere formality. Hedemora is a very old town, and received formal recognition in 1459.

The countryside immediately enclosing a town often forms a landsförsamling (rural parish), sharing the name of the town and sometimes also its church, but being a separate entity. The parish records may also be maintained jointly for the town and the rural parish, and that's where staden refers to the geographic/administrative entity inside the town boundary.

2004-03-09, 05:59
Svar #2

V. Boutilier

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna