ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Röfors?  (läst 533 gånger)

1999-06-05, 09:14
läst 533 gånger

Lori Tinjum

Hello! I'm trying to research the origins of my great grandmother, known in the US as Mary (Maria) Anderson Volden, who was said to have been born in Rorose, Sweden. I've been unable to locate such a place and have been told that perhaps it is Röfors. My question is, where do I begin to look for her? Where is Röfors located, what Parish, etc..She was listed (we believe) on the 1900 US census as Maria S. Anderson, date of birth was 5/27/1861. We know very little about her as my father never had the opportunity to meet his grandmother. Any help would be greatly appreciated as my knowledge of Swedish geography is extremely limited. We had thought she may have been born in Røros, Norway so have been looking there...thanks!

1999-06-05, 14:33
Svar #1

Utloggad Anders Brissman

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 403
  • Senast inloggad: 2016-07-19, 17:32
    • Visa profil
There is a place called Röfors in Medåkers Parich (U), situated in the province of Västmanland. It´s a manor house cituated close to the railwayline beetwene Örebro and Köping.

I have another sugestion on that name you have. Could it be  Rörsås  ? There is a small village whith that name in the parich of Ullervad (R)

Good luck in your search.

1999-06-06, 15:59
Svar #2

Utloggad Kurt Hultgren

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 246
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-03-21, 22:57
    • Visa profil
    • www.stationsradet.se
Röfors is a small industrial village situated 10 km south of Laxå on the railway line between Stockholm and Göteborg (Gothenburg). Röfors is now situated in Laxå commune, but previously it belonged to Ramundeboda parish, both then and now in Örebro län (province). The number of inhabitants of Röfors was 400 in 1936. The industry is iron technology.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna