ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Parish of Degerfors, Province of Vesterbatten  (läst 526 gånger)

2001-09-17, 03:09
läst 526 gånger

Michele Williams

My great-grandmother, Maria Sophie Karlsdotter, was  born in the Parish of Degerfors, Province of Vesterbatten (on July 11, 1884).  Where in Sweden is this?  Also, any information you may be able to provide me about my great-grandmother would be greatly appreciated.  I would love to contact living relatives in Sweden.

2001-09-17, 08:31
Svar #1

Utloggad Sam Blixt

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6336
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-04-23, 20:37
    • Visa profil
    • samblixt.se
Hi Michele,

There is today no other Degerfors parish in Sweden then Degerfors in Värmland, Örebro county, but there has been a parish Degerfors, now called Vindeln in Degerfors, Västerbotten county.

Put Your query under Landskap > Västerbotten > Socknar > Vindeln.

You can look at
http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll
Maps > Find a map > Search for a place
and there search for Vindeln, Västerbotten.

Regards

Sam Blixt, Oskarshamn

2001-09-17, 08:50
Svar #2

Utloggad Pia Lindström

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 96
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-07, 21:39
    • Visa profil
    • www.pialin.com
Hi Michele,

I looked in the 1890 census that is available at the Internet, and I think I found your great-grandmother. This is the only Maria Sofia born in 1884 in the Parish of Degerfors, Västerbotten (there was a parish called Degerfors in Västerbotten until 1969, now it is called Vindeln).

http://www.foark.umu.se/census/ac/personal.asp?lannr=24&forsnr=8&pnr=5358

Regards,

Pia Lindström

2001-09-21, 23:26
Svar #3

Michele Williams

Sam And Pia,
Thank you for this information.  Pia, I too found that information about her and her family on the 1890 census.  I was quite excited.  Little is known by my family about the Swedish branch of my family tree because we didn't know where to start looking.  Thank for everything.

Sincerely,
Michele

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna