ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Numbering system of Linköping  (läst 622 gånger)

2006-03-28, 07:45
läst 622 gånger

Utloggad Jennifer Veer

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 20
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-10-07, 06:59
    • Visa profil
Hi!
I am searching for someone in the household records of Linköping in the year 1847. He was listed in the immigration record as going to L22.  What does this number stand for?  I can't seem to locate it at the top of the pages. Where do I look for this number in the household record? Thank you in advance!

2006-03-28, 14:58
Svar #1

Bo Johansson

Could it be the Lifgrenadjärregementet no. 22? in that case it is on page 751 (GID 333.50.63700).

Or just plan number 22, it starts on page 224 (GID 333.50.37500).

// Bo Johansson

2006-03-28, 16:13
Svar #2

Utloggad Anna-Carin Betzén

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1112
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-10-28, 20:07
    • Visa profil
    • www.btz.se
In Linköping records, I've repeatedly seen an address given as L:35, which turned out to be shorthand for S:t Lars 35, i.e. the number of a lot where one or more houses are built, in the area of the S:t Lars church.  

Here is a photo from the block containing S:t Lars 22 and 23. According to this map, S:t Lars 22 is situated two blocks to the west (i.e. to the left in the map) of the entrance to the S:t Lars church, near the corner of the main square (shown in the lower left corner).

2006-03-28, 17:33
Svar #3

Utloggad Karin Ekeroth

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 674
  • Senast inloggad: 2012-01-29, 22:10
    • Visa profil
Jennifer,
I had somewhat the same problem some time ago. Then some kind person told me the K I did not understand stood for Sankt Kors. This person told me that Linköping was divided into four different areas, maybe parishes. I looked and saw that there was a special book for K and I found what I was looking for there. I looked at the different books and I remember L, K and T. The fourth I don?t remember the name of.

I suppose the L is Sankt Lars and you should  try that if you can.
Karin

2006-03-28, 21:02
Svar #4

Utloggad Anna-Carin Betzén

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1112
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-10-28, 20:07
    • Visa profil
    • www.btz.se

2006-03-28, 23:25
Svar #5

Utloggad Bo Persson

• Bo Peter Persson
  • Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6978
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-18, 17:39
    • Visa profil
Before 1930 Linköping was divided into four parts, each containing abt. 100 or more blocks. The map Anna-Carin links to shows the north-east part, called S:t Lars kvarter because the S:t Lars church was situated in this part of the town. The church, however, was the parish church in S:t Lars parish, which surrounded the town. The town's parish church was the cathedral.

At the bottom of the page with the map of S:t Lars kvarter there are links to the three other parts: the north-west, S:t Per's kvarter (the cathedral, consecrated to St. Peter, is situated in this part), the south-east, Tannefors kvarter (which got its name because it faced the village Tannefors in S:t Lars parish - the village, on the west of Stångån, has nothing to do with the modern district Tannefors, on the east of Stångån), and the south-west, S:t Kors kvarter (an older cross-roads of sand [sandkorset] was later misinterpreted as Saint Cross).

1 January 1930 the modern system with names given to each block was introduced, but in a way that preserves the old division: all blocks of S:t Per's kvarter were given names beginning with 'A', all in S:t Lars kvarter names beginning with 'B', all in Tannefors kvarter names beginning with 'D' and all in S:t Kors kvarter names beginning with 'E'. As the town grew, the blocks of the new districts were and still are named in the same way (with sometimes  peculiar results), why each district has block-names with the same first letter.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna