ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Mjala?????? is it a name of a farm?  (läst 783 gånger)

2002-02-08, 10:29
läst 783 gånger

Keith Olson

I was wondering if anyone has heard of a farm named Mjala in Rodon Jamtland.  I am assuming of course that Mjala is the name of the farm.

The second part of this question is if anyone is familiar with the Drey Line that went from Sweden to Norway, I believe it was situated in Jamtland.

2002-02-08, 12:02
Svar #1

Utloggad Ulla Albano

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 50
  • Senast inloggad: 2004-05-16, 17:42
    • Visa profil
I believe Mjäla is a farm too. It's situated about 5 km NW of the church in Rödön. The only thing I know is that many swedes went from Trondheim in Norway on their way to America. Ulla Albano

2002-02-08, 13:24
Svar #2

Utloggad Kennet Melander

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 415
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-12-27, 11:59
    • Visa profil
    • www.fam-melander.se
If You do a Google search with Mjäla and Rödön as search words, You will find several links to swedish genealogy pages.
There is a map of Rödön with Mjäla on it, if You go to www.rododata.se and choose 'Karta' (Map in swedish).

2002-02-08, 21:44
Svar #3

Keith Olson

Thanks Kennet for the web address for the map. It worked great! By the way how to I type in the letters properly for the o in Rodon and the a in Mjala?
Thanks for your help as well Ulla!

2002-02-08, 22:00
Svar #4

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
Hi Keith,

To learn how to type the Swedish letters, you can check out the website Swedish Roots.

You will also find other useful information there.

2002-02-09, 09:09
Svar #5

Eva Eklund

Mjäla is a small hamlet in Rödöns parish in Jämtland. There are a few farms today.

2002-02-09, 10:24
Svar #6

Keith Olson

Thanks Eva and Elisabeth.  Eva by chance are you familiar with Mjala.  If so maybe you could answer some questions I have regarding the farm or farms that are there.
thanks
Keith

2002-02-09, 18:08
Svar #7

Eva Eklund

Hi Keith
I live rather close to Mjäla and I have som friends there, so just write me the questions you have and I will try to answer them.
You can use the name link above to send a mail straight to me.

Eva

2003-10-16, 13:42
Svar #8

Andreas Fredriksson

Hello My name is Andreas Fredriksson,  and I live in Mjäla... what do you want to know?

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna