ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Mansta-Where is it?  (läst 289 gånger)

2000-03-05, 04:05
läst 289 gånger

Barry Ostrom

I have a machine copy of a postcard that has the words written on the bottom Utsikt over (two dots) Mansta (with a ring), Nas (with two dots).  I think this says view over Mansta foreland or isthmus.  The scene is important to me because it has the notation hand-written: Farm our grandmother lived on as a young child.  My grandmother's name was Anna Marie Persson.  At the lower right corner of the postcard there is a circle with the words written inside :Akto (with a ring) Fotograf.  Below the circle are the words:  Forlag (with two dots): Jonsson & Johansson.  The scene is quite dim, but in the foreground is a farm house, in the distance more homes, a body of water, land beyond, and the sky, all framed by an arch.  Does anyone have any idea where this place is on the map?

2000-03-05, 06:32
Svar #1

Roland Johansson

That would most likely be Näs parish in Jämtland province, 20 km south of town Östersund, at the lake Näkten. Census for 1890 (view it here) show 88 people living at community Månsta, none of them called Anna Maria, though. Perhaps she wasn't born yet?

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna