ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Mailing and/or e-mail address for Österslöv Parish please  (läst 1076 gånger)

2004-02-18, 01:44
läst 1076 gånger

Lorraine Sisk

Could someone please provide the mailing and/or e-mail addresses for Österslöv Parish, Kristianstad Län?  I would also appreciate information as to whom I would be contacting i.e., parish minister, county official, etc.

I have exhausted the records for Österslöv Parish available to me through the Family History Center and still need information on some of my ancestors who lived and died there.  I am also hoping to find Swedish cousins who may still reside in that area.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Lorraine Sisk
Missouri USA

2004-02-18, 09:09
Svar #1

Utloggad Hans Högman

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 520
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-07, 14:22
  • Hans Högman
    • Visa profil
    • www.hhogman.se/
Here is some information:  
Parish: Österslöv's parish  
Web site: http://www.svenskakyrkan.se/nosaby  
Diocese: Lunds stift (Lund's diocese)  
E-mail: Nosaby.pastorat@svenskakyrkan.se  
Post address: NOSABYVÄGEN 246  
291 47 KRISTIANSTAD  
Phone: 044-214500  
Fax: 044-120104  
Hans Högman

2004-02-18, 15:28
Svar #2

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Hi Lorraine,

If you have used all the parish records on microfilm, then use the extracts from births, marriages, and deaths from 1860-1920 which can be found by searching the Family History Library Catalog for the name of the Swedish county (Kristianstad; not the modern name of Skåne)and then selecting civil registration.

These records could be ordered.

http://tinyurl.com/6l7q

Old records are archived in Lund but the newer records should be in the parish.Contacting the parish will be helpful in finding which records are in Lund and which are in the parish.

http://www.ra.se/lla/english.htm

The FAQ page from the Swenson Center has some information on how to find living relatives in Sweden.

http://www.augustana.edu/administration/SWENSON/genfaq/

Good luck!

Judy

2004-02-19, 02:17
Svar #3

Lorraine Sisk

Hello Judy and Hans,

My sincere thanks to both of you for the information and suggestions regarding Österslöv parish.

Specifically, I am looking for information on and descendants of the following:

Per Nilsson born 13 October 1852 at Karsholm, Österslöv.  Married 18 May 1877 to Martha Pettersson born 15 April 1846 at Härlunda, Kronoberg.  Their known children are Nils born 24 July 1877, Ingrid born 13 July 1879 and Carl born 4 June 1881.  

Sadly, the civil records can't help to locate information on the children as I am told they were still living in 1943 and perhaps later.  All available clerical surveys have been checked.  I would appreciate any suggestions.

Hans, thank you for your wonderful Web site that I have visited and used on numerous occasions.  Your information on the Swedish military is of particular interest as my ggg grandfather was a Blekinge bätsman and his father a soldier.  I have not yet been able to find information from their military records, but I will keep trying!

Lorraine

2004-02-20, 02:00
Svar #4

Utloggad Maud Svensson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 21972
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-18, 10:26
    • Visa profil
Lorraine,
Per Nilsson and Marta Pettersson moved to Nosaby parish, where they had two children:
Fritz b. 5 August 1885
Anna Maria b. 28 June 1888
(Source: www.ddss.nu)

1890 census:
Home parish: Nosaby
Residence: Balsby
County: Kristianstad
Crofter Per Nilsson b. 1852 in Österslöv
Wife Marta Petersson b. 1846 in Härlunda
Nils b. 1877 in Österslöv
Ingrid b. 1879 in Österslöv
Karl b. 1881 in Österslöv
Fritz b. 1885 in Nosaby
Anna Maria b. 1888 in Nosaby

Since no other Anna Maria was born 28 June 1888 in Nosaby this should be the one (Swedish death records on CD, 1950-1999):

18880628-3704
Persson, Anna Maria
Skogåsa
297 02 Everöd
Died 9 September 1980 in Everöd parish, Kristianstad county.
Born 28 June 1888 in Nosaby parish, Kristianstad county.
Unmarried woman.
--------------

On your behalf, I have ordered a copy of Anna Maria Persson's estate inventory (free of charge) - since she died unmarried nieces and nephews of hers may be mentioned there.

Those who died 1950-1970 are not listed by name and birth parish on the CD - just birth date, death date and death parish. I have not found any of Anna Maria's siblings there, listed by name.
Hälsar vänligen
Maud

2004-02-20, 17:43
Svar #5

Lorraine Sisk

Maud,

Through this Web site, I am experiencing firsthand the kindness of Swedes.  Thank you so very much for all of the information!

I have just received a rough translation of a letter written in 1938.  Apparently, Per Nilsson died in Balsby 23 May 1933.  His unmarried sister Anna Nilsdotter b. 10 December 1848 in Österslöv died there 17 December 1938.  They were both cared for by Per's unmarried daughter Ingrid.

As Ingrid and Anna Maria were unmarried, my only hope for locating descendants is through Nils, Karl or Fritz.  I am hoping Anna Maria's estate inventory, that you so kindly ordered, will reveal additional information.  Should this not be the case, would the best method for locating information on them be through contacting the Nosaby parish?

Tack så mycket!

Lorraine

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna