ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Kungsgården?  (läst 1662 gånger)

2004-01-16, 05:26
läst 1662 gånger

Karen Bowling

The place of residence listed for my relatives is Kungsgården in Skaraborg län.  The parish they belonged to was Kvänums.  Does anybody know anything about Kungsgården?  I looked in a Swedish-English dictionary and I think the translation means Kings Farm, is that correct?

Thank you,
Karen

2004-01-16, 15:12
Svar #1

Bo Johansson

Here is a map showing the location of Kvänum parish in Vara kommun, Västergötland province, Västra Götalands county. (Previously Skaraborgs county, but that is now part of Västra Götalands county)

Bo Johansson

2004-01-16, 15:21
Svar #2

Bo Johansson

There seems to be at least 2 different Kungsgården near Kvänum. On this map they are marked as Kungsg. and Kungsgården. The un-named farm at the red crosshairs might be a third Kungsgården.

The name means Kings farm or Royal farm so they MIGHT have been part of the royal landholdings.

// Bo Johansson

2004-01-16, 15:42
Svar #3

Utloggad Ann Little

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1252
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-23, 20:10
    • Visa profil
Hello Karen,

I'm afraid I can't help you with any information about Kungsgården. However, I can confirm that translated literally the name does mean 'Kings farm' but it can also mean 'manor' i.e. 'Kings Manor/manorfarm'.  In this case though I should think that 'farm' is the most applicable.  

Best regards,
Ann Little

2004-01-16, 15:56
Svar #4

Bo Johansson

Here is a larger map showing all three Kungsgården (marked with red lines) near Kvänum.

//Bo Johansson

2004-01-16, 20:38
Svar #5

Utloggad Ann Little

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1252
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-23, 20:10
    • Visa profil
Hello again Karen,

I thought you might be interested to learn that in the old days the Kungsgård was the Kings 'larder' and treasure chest. He would arrive on horseback with his body of housecarls and his courtiers to inspect his property or to just simply consume the amassed provisions.

This was also the place where decisions of both a polical and practical kind were made. The King would protect his interests by keeping a bailiff in residence at the Kungsgård.

There would often be a marketplace close by and sometimes a monastery would be built in the near vicinity of a Kungsgård.

The information comes from Wikipedia, the internet encyclopaedia.

Greetings,
Ann

2004-01-17, 16:01
Svar #6

Karen Bowling

Thank you so much everyone.  All the information was very interesting and helpful!!

Thank you,
Karen

2007-06-02, 16:54
Svar #7

monicajarund@telia.com

I was born in Badenetorp near Kungsgården, so I remember both the Svensson family and Magnusson. It was 50 years ago.

Monica

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna