ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Jönkoping Län - Kristina parish / Forserum - M. Larson  (läst 526 gånger)

2002-10-06, 03:08
läst 526 gånger

Milt Larson

My grandfather (Alfred Larsson) and my grandmother (Vendla Blomqvist) lived in Jönkopings - Kristina parish, around 1887 - 1894.  For background, Alfred was reportedly born March 10, 1864 in Falköping(stad), Skaraborgs and Vendla was born April 6, 1870 in Nöbbele, Växjö, Kronobergs.

They had approximately 16 children and from the only Swedish record I have (passed on from family in US), all the children were born in Jönkopings and Forserum.  I searched the Ministerialböcker and found entries for children #2, 3, 4, and 5 in Kristina parish (births were from 1888 to 1894).  Their first child (Karl Gustav Vilhelm was born in 1887 but I can't find his birth record in the Kristina database (Databassökning).  I can't find a marriage record in that parish either and that was also in 1887.

I can't find parish entries in Jönkoping for Forserum, so I'm at a dead-end trying to locate records for children # 6 - 16.  I have indications that 3 or 4 children died at birth or within the first 1 to 2 years but the rest emigrated in 3 stages to the U.S. (initially to Elgin, Texas).  The parents returned to Sweden and died and were buried there but have no idea where.

My questions are:

1 - How do I find the marriage record and birth record for the 1st son - Karl Gustav (no idea of parish).

2 - Is Forserum a parish and if it is, why is it not in the list of Jönkoping parishes?  If not, which parishes are in that location (seems like a small area - but not sure).  Any way to search online for births in Forserum?

3 - Is there a way to determine where (and confirm when) my grandparents were buried?  I believe Vendla died in 1922; some vague reference to Neshu (parish?); Alfred died in 1947 (no idea where).

My father died about 50 years ago and all his brothers and sisters are also dead.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated - thank you very much.

2002-10-06, 09:21
Svar #1

Utloggad Calle Lindström

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1951
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-17, 21:45
    • Visa profil
Hello Milt, some suggestions.  
1.Marriage was normally in the homeparish of the bride, e.a. in this case Nöbbele.
2. Forserum is a parish close to the town Nässjö, east of Jönköping.
3. As mention above, might be the town Nässjö

Hope this will give you some help in your research
Best wishes,
Calle L

2002-10-06, 10:40
Svar #2

Utloggad Calle Lindström

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1951
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-17, 21:45
    • Visa profil
Milt, You might can get some help from the local genealogy society in Nässjö, try this website:
http://hem.passagen.se/svdaniel/

Wish you luck,
Calle

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna