ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Fränninge nr 2 - Does it still exist?  (läst 638 gånger)

2010-09-10, 03:49
läst 638 gånger

Utloggad Cathe Schwartz

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 19
  • Senast inloggad: 2010-10-19, 19:59
    • Visa profil
My ancestors (Per Larsson & Elna Hansdotter)lived at Nr. 2 Fränninge in the early 1800s.  I was wondering how to find out if the farm/house is still in existence.

Also, was there any logic to how farms/homes in and around villages were numbered? For example, did farms or homes closest to the village church have a smaller number while those that were farther away have a higher number?

Thanks for your help!

2010-09-10, 05:38
Svar #1

Utloggad Ingela Martenius

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1489
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-10-25, 18:20
    • Visa profil
There wasn't a village church except for one village in each parish which was the church village (kyrkbyn). One church for every parish - parishes could be very small, like in southwestern Skåne where you can see the neighbouring church door from your own church door - or they could be very big, like in the Dalarna parishes around Lake Siljan where some had upwards of 10.000 people. If the parish was quite big, it did happen that there was an additional, smaller church, a chapel, in some remote part.

There were different principles as to how the farms would be numbered. One of the commoner ones was the so-called sun system, which meant clockwise. A village usually stemmed from a single farm that was repeatedly divided. This farm would be no. 1 and the rest given numbers clockwise.
In parts of Sweden there were no numbers; the farms had individual names instead.

The old names and numbers are usually kept, even if the land today is covered with modern semi-detached houses or whatever.
I can find someone who died at Fränninge no 2 as late as 1970, but later the plot seems to have been subdivided (but these are just google results).

I think your best bet is to contact the local historic society, Färs härads hembygdsförening. These societies have usually done a very thorough job documenting what has happened to all the old farms etc. They may have pictures of the old farmhouse, and should be able to tell you present status.
Email the chairman: stig-allan.damm at damm.ws

Ingela

2010-09-10, 15:45
Svar #2

Utloggad Cathe Schwartz

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 19
  • Senast inloggad: 2010-10-19, 19:59
    • Visa profil
Ingela: Thank you so much for the detailed information and contact information for the local historical society. I'll contact the gentleman there as you suggest.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna