ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Fallet, Boställen Krono  (läst 2585 gånger)

2005-09-23, 17:50
läst 2585 gånger

Daraleen Wade

What is the significance of Boställen Krono?  In the Household examination of Fallet, Grämma. Jönköping this is sometimes listed at the top of the page.  Was Fallet a residence for a soldier?  Did this have anything to do with the King's summer place which, according to family lore, was where the family worked?

2005-09-23, 18:42
Svar #1

Utloggad Olle Elm

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 11052
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-26, 23:58
    • Visa profil
    • www.orserum.info
If it says in the Husförhörslängd (=? Household examination) Fallet was a Boställe Krono it only means:
Krono = this farm was owned by the crown, which from time to time could use the farm for different purposes. Probably this farm - but not found in Grill, Statistiskt sammandrag af Svenska Indelningsverket - was sometimes used as a living place for an officer, who often had a farmer or farmhand who did the work. If you know the years you want to examine, please go to http://apollo.oderland.com/~jbgf/bocker/granna/index.htm
and search for Fallet, and you will see the individuals living there.

Fallet was - what I know of - never a residence for a soldier. And the King of Sweden did not have a summer place in Fallet, or in the surroundings.  
Probably it is interesting to know Fallet was “krono” even in 1571.
I know Fallet was bought from the crown before 1896. I used to know the people living there in the 1950-s; Einar and Sigrid Johansson. The farm was in the hands of the family in 1927.

Regards from,
Olle Elm
Vänligen,
Olle Elm

2005-09-23, 22:20
Svar #2

Daraleen Wade

Hi Olle,

Thank you so much for the prompt response.  That is interesting & helpful to my research.  Family lore is often hard to prove or disprove and that is what I am dealing with here.  The family has always said the Lindgrens came from Gränna and worked for the king at his summer place.  I have found that John Magnus Lindgren wasn't from Gränna as the family thought.  His wife, whom he married in the US, was from Gränna, as you found.  If there was no place in Gränna where any of the family may have worked for the king, I have to assume it was John Magnus Lindgren who worked for him - probably in Stockholm.  Possibly Inga Stina Andersdotter also worked for the King and that is where she met Lindgren.

2005-09-24, 06:54
Svar #3

Bo Johansson

Or perhaps he worked for something that was Royal (national), or for the Crown (government), and this was transformed to worked for the king.

// Bo Johansson

2005-09-24, 07:28
Svar #4

Utloggad Olle Elm

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
    • www.orserum.info
Hi Daraleen,
If you tell us the birthdates and places for Inga Stina Andersdotter and John Magnus Lindgren it might be possible to answer the question about their families. Perhaps you know where they married, and when?
I have not got a photo of Fallet but here comes a picture from the surroundings of Aranäs not far away. The photo is taken around 1900 by Calla Sundbeck and the person you see is the daughter of a wealthy landowner. (Note the umbrella to protect from the sun).

Regards from,
Olle
Vänligen,
Olle Elm

2005-09-24, 20:21
Svar #5

Daraleen Wade

Thank you Bo & Olle.  I know family lore can become exaggerated over time and that is certainly possible here.   Inga Christina Andersdotter was born 6 Feb 1926 at Gränna, Jönköping and I've followed her family back several generations in the household surveys and parish records.  She gave birth to an illegitimate son, Anders Johan in October 1851, the father being (John Magnus) Lindgren who was said to be valet Lindgren serving at professor Boheman in Stockholm.  (I just learned this this morning).  John Magnus Lindgren was born 10 May 1830 (place unknown and what I'm looking for).  John Magnus Lindgren immigrated to the US in 1852 (according to census records in the US and his naturalization papers).  Inga Christina / Stina Andersdotter immigrated in 1853 as a single woman.  They apparently married between 1853 & 1856 in the US, place not located yet, and had 7 more children.

Thank you for the picture, Olle, it is very nice to see what the area looked like.  In what part of Gränna parish are Fallet & Aranäs located?

2005-09-25, 09:01
Svar #6

Utloggad Olle Elm

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
    • www.orserum.info
Hi Daraleen,
With the information you shared with us above, it will probably be a bit more easy to understand what happened in 24/10 1851 when Anders Johan was born in Fallet. Unfortunately I do not have access to the books and have to trust what you and others have written/found in the other discussion; John Magnus Lindgren is mentioned the father to this child.

If you take a look at the map above you can se Fallet near the “red” road where it says “133”. In a triangle from Fallet you can to the left se the farm Aranäs – at the lake Bunn – and to the right the farm Anneberg – at the lake Ören. ö is pronounced like the i-sound in the English word “sir” or French “fleur”. Fallet, Aranäs and Anneberg will be mentioned below.

As you probably already know the parents of Inga Stina Andersdotter who gave birth to Anders Johan in 1851 was the crofter Anders Josefsson and his wife Brita Lisa Magnusdotter Lindberg – married in 1825 – and from about that year living in Valkleven, a croft at the estate Aranäs. I am happy I can inform you also about where this croft was situated, thanks to the Gränna hembygdsförening. This map you can find if you search their website:

Valakleven has number 20.
From around 1837 Anders Josefsson became a farmer at the Kronoboställe Fallet.  
Perhaps you have already found the children in the family. Here is a list from a register I have in my possession:

1826-02-06  born: Inga Stina, Anders Josefsson, torpare, o Brita Lisa Magnidr Lindberg, 23 age of mother, i Valakleva, Aranäs
1829-02-20 Gustaf, Anders Josefsson, torpare, o Brita Lisa Lindberg, 26, i Valakleven vid Aranäs
1830-07-16 Lovisa, Anders Josefsson, torpare, o Brita Lisa Lindberg, 27, i Valaklven vid Aranäs  
1832-01-26 Gustava, Anders Josefsson, torpare, o Brita Lisa Lindberg, 29, i Valakleven vid Aranäs
1833-09-10 Karl, Anders Josefsson, torpare, o Brita Lisa Lindberg, 30½, i Valakleven vid Aranäs  
1835-02-14 Eva Stina – Valakleven
1837-05-11 Johan – Fallet
1838-08-23 Fredrik

died 1840-05-10 Johannes, s t bonden farmer, Anders Josefsson i Fallet, hjärtsprång heart,, 14 d
died 1846-12-26 Johan, s t Anders Josefsson i Fallet, mässling, 9 år

to be continued .....
Vänligen,
Olle Elm

2005-09-25, 11:12
Svar #7

Utloggad Olle Elm

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
    • www.orserum.info
Hi again,
If you study the first map above, you probably have seen the ven in Valkleven. This is a modern map, and perhaps the cottages still are there.
However, what really must be a coincidence, is the photo I presented 24/9. After having studied the pictures and the map, and used my memory (I was born 4 km from Valkleven many years ago ..) I am nearly sure the picture shows Valkleven, Bjurastugan and Olsatorpet.
Here is another picture from around 1900, taken in the other direction. You can see the lake Bunn with ice, and the barns of Aranäs.

And now: The farm Anneberg.

1800 this farm was bought by chief judge Johan Henrik Boheman. In the “husförhörslängd” 1811 you can see the family with the son Karl, born 1796. This is the same person as professor Carl Henrik Boheman who 1824, after the death of his father owned Anneberg. He died 1868. As you have seen professor seen the professor lived in Stockholm. Probably he used Anneberg as  a “summer place” (compare the story “with the King's summer place which, according to family lore, was where the family worked”).  Her you can see a picture of professor Boheman.

It will be very interesting to see, if valet John Magnus Lindgren was a man from the north of Småland, or even Gränna parish.

Regards,
Olle

PS. In the 1960:s Anneberg was owned by the Swedish ambassador in Washington, later Speaker of the First Chamber in the Parliament Erik Boheman - a relative to the Boheman?s above.
Vänligen,
Olle Elm

2005-09-25, 18:58
Svar #8

Daraleen Wade

Hi Olle,

What wonderful information!  Now things are beginning to make sense.  I have searched the Gränna parish records for Johan Magnus Lindgren without finding him there.  I will now check the other Småland parishes to see if I can locate him.  Thank you, so much, for your help.  The maps & pictures are especially appreciated.

Daraleen

2005-09-25, 19:52
Svar #9

Utloggad Olle Elm

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
    • www.orserum.info
Hi Daraleen,
In the other discussion Lena Mårtenson Tingstam advices you to look into the books of  Adolf Fredrik parish in Stockholm, where she 1850 found professor Carl H. Boheman. Have you tried that suggestion?  Possibly Johan Magnus Lindgren worked for the professor also in Stockholm and not only during the summers at Anneberg in Gränna parish. Mayby you could ask for help here.
I understand your appreciation with the pictures. As you probably understand, they are unique even for a Swedish research situation. Here I send you a picture of Anneberg from 1956. This house is built around 1800 and it is the same house where Johan Magnus Lindgren was a valet. In 1956 the house had 10 rooms, 1 kitchen and 2 halls. The detached wings were built in 1820.

Above you told us, you had found the family of Inga Christina Andersdotter “back several generations in the household surveys and parish records”. It would be nice if you let us know what you have found.
Regards,
Olle

PS. When I look into my books I suddenly remember; The old house at Anneberg is not standing any more. It was destroid by a violent fire 20 july 1975.
Vänligen,
Olle Elm

2005-09-25, 22:16
Svar #10

Daraleen Wade

Hi again, Olle,

Thank you for the new picture and the comments.  I haven't located the Adolf Fredrick parish records online.  Do you know if they are?  If not, I will have to order them thru the LDS Family History Center.  

You asked for the information on have in Inga Stina Anderssdotter's ancestry:  She was born 06 February 1826 at Valaklefven, Gränna, J?nk?ping and died 07 August 1911 in Paxton, Ford, Illinois, USA

Her father:  Anders Josephsson born 12 February 1799 Skytternmet, Svarttorp, J?nk?ping; married 24 Sept 1825 Gränna; died 01 January 1886 Fallet, Gränna, J?nk?ping;

His father:  Josef Jonsson by abt 1750; married 03 November 1782 Svarttorp, J?nk?ping; died 10 May 1803 Ramsj?holm, Skytthernmet, Svarttorp, J?nk?ping

Anders Josephesson's mother:  Maria Svensdotter born 20 April 1758 Skytthernmet, Svarttorp, J?nk?ping and died 26 December 1812 Skytternmet.

Her father:  Sven Persson married 03 Nov 1782 Svarttorp, J?nk?ping

Her mother:  Lisken Johansdotter  (no info)

Inga Stina Andersdotters mother:  Brita Elisabeth Magnusdotter Lindberg born 26 April 1802 Lunnagard, Svarttorp, J?nk?ping; died 31 May 1884 Fallet, Gränna, J?nk?ping.

Brita's father:  Magnus Jonsson Lindberg born 19 July 1762 (bp unknown) md 14 June 1802 Lekeryd, J?nk?ping, died 10 January 1841 Gränna;  his parents were Jons Larsson and Britta Larsson (no further information)

Brita's mother:  Eva Kristine Thunberg born 15 March 1777 Kronogård Rönjane, Lekeryd, J?nk?ping (no further info on her)

Eva's father:  Gustaf Parrsson Thunberg born 03 Dec 1738 Lekeryd, J?nk?ping; married ca 1772; died 13 Dec 1805 Svarttorp, J?nk?ping.  His parents were Per Johannson & Sara Gustafsdotter (no further information)

Eva's mother:  Sara Lisa Bolander born 29 May 1741 (place unknown, died 07 March 1821 Svarttorp, J?nk?ping.

Additons and corrections will be gratefully accepted.

Thank you for your interest in this family.

Daraleen

2005-09-25, 22:52
Svar #11

Utloggad Olle Elm

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
    • www.orserum.info
Hi Daraleen,
The kronolänsman in Tveta härad (I do not know the English words for kronolänsman and Tveta härad) Gustaf Persson was married in Hakarp parish 1770 18/11 to Sara Lisa Bolander, baptised in Växjö 1741 29/5, daughter of  the college of the school of Växjö, later headmaster of the Jönköping school and vicar in Barnarp parish and his wife Johanna Catharina Gaslander.
It is late now in Sweden. If you give me a day or two, I will present more information about this family. I am sure you are on the right track because this is what you find in the husförhörslängd of Gränna in 1866 (its just registred - you have to check for yourself  ):

Fallet, ? -1/4  s 342-
arr.  inspl Dahlberg i Gränna stad
Anders Josefsson   991202
h Brita Lisa Lindberg  030426
s Fredrik    380326
d Josefina    411105
mamsell Sara Elisabet Thunberg 820419

Regards from,
Olle
Vänligen,
Olle Elm

2005-09-26, 00:03
Svar #12

Daraleen Wade

Hi Olle,

I was surprised to see your response because I know it is late in Sweden (there is 9 hours difference in the time between the West Coast of the US and Sweden).

I will be patient and give you whatever time you need in helping with this family.  I have looked at the husförhörsländ of Gränna on Genline, including the reference given above :-).  I'm a hands on researcher but certainly don't turn down help from someone who knows what they're doing and especially when it involves the earlier years.  

I posted a query on the Adolf Fredrik site, as you suggested, so we'll see if anything comes from that.

Thank you, so much, for your interest and help!

Daraleen

2005-09-26, 07:22
Svar #13

Utloggad Olle Elm

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
    • www.orserum.info
Hi Daraleen,  
You asked about the Adolf Fredrick parish records online. I am not sure, but it seemes they are not online.

Do not wait for my “research”. It is much more fun to do the work yourself. What I will present comes from books, where the research is already done, which probably can add to your own research.  
Regards,
Olle
Vänligen,
Olle Elm

2005-09-26, 16:36
Svar #14

Daraleen Wade

Hi Olle,

Of course I will keep working on this family looking for online records and then using the information you find to confirm I'm staying on track :-)  Yes, it is more fun to do the work yourself and a better way to really get acquainted with your ancestors :-)

Yesterday you said you didn't know the English word for Kronolänsman and I'm wondering if that doesn't mean Sheriff - one who enforces the law.

Daraleen

2005-09-26, 17:44
Svar #15

Utloggad Lena Mårtenson Tingstam

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 198
  • Senast inloggad: 2020-04-16, 10:18
    • Visa profil
According to Gränna records CH Boheman and his family moved to Stockholm in the 40's. (I should have written it down, did some checking during the late evening and just closed it all down after getting frustrated =)

However, I did find two brothers Johan Lindgren and Magnus Lindgren in the city of Gränna. One was a butcher and the other one a tailor. They were born in 1808 and 1809. Johan got several (I'm just guessing this) children out of marriage with a Inga Kristina Nilsdotter from Adelöv (none of them named Johan Magnus though) - the children later on used the name Lindgren but it's not confirmed in the birth records he was their father. The brothers, Johan and Magnus, were both born Samuelsson in Säby.

One theory is the one Olle came up with - he's a local who was recommended working for the Bohemans in Stockholm. The other one is that Inga Stina Andersdotter, who we know is local, was recommended to work in Stockholm at the Bohemans and there met the non-Gränna-local Johan Magnus.
Whichever, I think the answer is to be found in Stockholm.

2005-09-26, 21:01
Svar #16

Utloggad Olle Elm

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
    • www.orserum.info
Hi Daraleen,
Here are the known ancestors of Sara Lisa Bolander as I have found them in the literature. I have used “Smolandi Upsalienses” (Students from Småland at the University of Uppsala) and also “Smålands Nation i Åbo” (Students from Småland at the University of Åbo, Finland). The word kyrkoherde means vicar. Bonde means farmer.

1 Sara Lisa Bolander, born (baptized 1741-05-29) in Växjö,
         dead 1821-03-07 in Svarttorp. (SmolUpsV-1555).

*** Generation I ***

f
       2 Sveno Bolander, born (baptized 1701-02-17) in Rottne,
         dead 1747-10-08 in Barnarp. kyrkoherde, fil. mag. rektor in Barnarp.
         Student in Växjö 1716, gymnasium 1721. Respond. in University of Uppsala 1731. Stud. in the University of Lund  
         1734.  Was ordained same year. Master of phil. 1734. Teacher at the School of Jönköping 1738. Same year in  
         Växjö. Headmaster in Jönköping and also vicar in Barnarp parish 1746.
         As he preached he always looked down on his hands, as the text was written on them. He had a very dark face.
         The students called him Black Bolander.  

Married 1736-10-13 in Burseryd to the following ancestor

Children:
         Sara Lisa Bolander, baptized 1741-05-29, see ancestor 1.

m
       3 Johanna Catharina Gaslander, born 1715-06-20 in Burseryd,
         dead 1786-01-03 in Rosendals torp, Sandvik. (SmolUpsV-1555).

Married 1736-10-13 in Burseryd to the previous ancestor

*** Generation II ***

ff
       4 Per Svensson, dead 1739 in Norra Rottne. Bonde in Borlanda,
         Norra Rottne. (SmolUpsV-1555).

Married to the following ancestor

Children:
         Sveno Bolander, baptized 1701-02-17, see ancestor 2.

fm
       5 Kerstin Torstensdotter, born 1680, dead 1757-06-19 in Burseryd.
         (SmolUpsV-1555).

Married to the previous ancestor

mf
       6 Petrus Nicolai Gaslander, born 1680-01-30 in Gasslanda Norregård,
         Gårdsby, dead 1758-02-17 in Burseryd. kyrkoherde in Burseryd.
         (Wilstadius,SmålNatiÅbo).

Married 1713-04-12 to the following ancestor

Children:
         Johanna Catharina Gaslander, born 1715-06-20, see ancestor 3.

mm
       7 Birgitta Burselia, born 1683-07-05 in Burseryd, dead 1715-12-03.
         (SmolUpsV-1555,Wilstadius).

Married 1713-04-12 to the previous ancestor

*** Generation III ***

mff
      12 Nils Persson, born 1610. Bonde in Gasslanda Norregård, Gårdsby.
         (Wilstadius,SmålNatiÅbo).

Children:
         Petrus Nicolai Gaslander, born 1680-01-30, see ancestor 6.

mfm
      13 Märit Jönsdotter, born 1631. (Wilstadius,SmålNatiÅbo).

mmf
      14 Samuel Petri Burselius, born 1652, dead 1713-07-23 in Burseryd.
         kyrkoherde in Burseryd. (SmolUpsIV-1286).

Children:
         Birgitta Burselia, born 1683-07-05, see ancestor 7.

mmm
      15 Agneta Fischer, dead 1720-02-14 in Burseryd. (SmolUpsIV-1286).

*** Generation IV ***

mmff
      28 Petri Olai Burselius, born 1600, dead 1680-12-11 in Burseryd.
         kyrkoherde in Burseryd. (SmolUpsI-222).

Children:
         Samuel Petri Burselius, born 1652, see ancestor 14.

mmfm
      29 Brita Håkansdotter. (SmolUpsI-222).

Regards,
Olle
Vänligen,
Olle Elm

2005-09-27, 02:58
Svar #17

Daraleen Wade

Hi Lena & Olle,

I agree with you, Lena, we must find John Magnus Lindgren in the Adolf Fredrik records in Stockholm to proceed with his research.  I had seen the two Lindgrens in the Gränna records but it was too early to tie them to the John Magnus I'm looking for.

Olle, you have certainly been busy today.  Thank you, so much, for all the wonderful information.  I've had a little computer problem today but am now back in business so I will be studying the data you sent - and checking out what I can in the online records.  Not that I have doubts but I just like to see the names in the records myself :-)

Are you interested in the information I have on the Lindgrens in the US?  Anders Johan, the son of John Magnus Lindgren & Inga Stina Andersdotter, born in Gränna in 1851, died in Oregon and is buried here in Salem.

Thanks to both of you.  If there is anything I can do for you in the US, please let me know.

Daraleen

2005-09-27, 16:38
Svar #18

Utloggad Olle Elm

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
    • www.orserum.info
Hi Daraleen,
About the Lindgrens in the US.
I think it would be a good idea to present the results about Anders Johan Lindgren below on  Gränna parish. Someone could be a relative and have an interest in what happened to the family.

Regards,
Olle
Vänligen,
Olle Elm

2005-09-27, 17:24
Svar #19

Daraleen Wade

Hi Olle,

I will do that.  Is there more to be found on other of Inga Stina Andersdotter's ancestry or, as farmers, do they not appear in published records?

Also, can you tell me where Rottne, Burseryd, Sandvik, Gasslanda Norregård are?  Are they in Jönköping, Kronoberg or elsewhere?

Daraleen

2005-09-27, 21:35
Svar #20

Utloggad Olle Elm

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
    • www.orserum.info
Hi Daraleen,
Probably there is more to be found on the farmers also in the ordinary churchbooks. Do not forget the books called kyrkoräkenskaper which sometimes  covers the time before the birth-marriage-death-records. When it says test[amente] or bårkläde someone has died. When you find för krona someone has got married - for example.

About the parishes:
You can find them yourself by using: Socken Sök. Write the parish and you will se the county.

Gasslanda Norregård you can find in Gårdsby parish.

Do not hesitate to ask if there are any new questions. I travel a lot in my work, but there are lots of people ho can help  

Regards,
Olle

PS. And please let us know about Johan Magnus Lindgren when you find more about him.
Vänligen,
Olle Elm

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna