ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Ekarebohl(sp?) or Flo Socken or Vintergothland  (läst 593 gånger)

2006-11-12, 23:37
läst 593 gånger

Utloggad Lindsay Flint

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 61
  • Senast inloggad: 2011-12-08, 12:35
    • Visa profil
Can anyone tell me where to find these locations, if that is what they are?  I am looking a GID 580.31.51300 for Peter Andersson and family.  Thanks.

2006-11-13, 02:02
Svar #1

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Lindsay,

Flo socken = Flo parish. It was in Skaraborgs län (county) at the time, which would be in Västergotland province. (Yes, it looks like Vestergöthland here. Spellings have changed over time.) Flo is now in Västra Götaland län. (Skaraborg, Älvsborg, and Göteborg och Bohus län were merged.) The place which you saw as Vintergothland was Vestergothland (Västergötland).

Look at these maps of Swedish län, both old and new.

http://www.algonet.se/~hogman/swe_counties_map_eng.htm

Look at this map of Swedish landskap (provinces).

http://www.algonet.se/~hogman/swe_provinces_map_eng.htm

This is the location of Flo parish.

http://tinyurl.com/yg7gbt

Ekarebol is a place (Fideikommissegendom -- Perhaps the Swedes will define it. My dictionary calls it an entailed estate, whatever that means.) in Bolstad parish, according to the Rosenberg CD. They were living there when they decided to move out.

Ekarebol i Elfsborgs län, Sundals hd. Fideikommissegendom i Bolstads sn, bestående af Ekarebol 2 mtl och Borgan ? mtl, tills. tax. 55,000 kr. (Innehafvare Silfversvan.)

Ekarebohl is the same location with a decorative h added.

Judy

2006-11-13, 12:26
Svar #2

Bo Johansson

egendom = property

Fideikommiss = property that was inherited undivided, I think it was usually a noble estate that always was inherited by the oldest son.

In this case it was owned by someone named Silfversvan, which looks like a noble name. Peter Andersson was torpare (poor tenant farmer).

// Bo Johansson

2006-11-13, 18:04
Svar #3

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Thank you, Bo. I had never seen Fideikommiss before and the definition I found was not very helpful. Your explanation makes much more sense.

Judy

2006-11-13, 21:39
Svar #4

Utloggad Lindsay Flint

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 61
  • Senast inloggad: 2011-12-08, 12:35
    • Visa profil

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna