ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Differances in parishes  (läst 935 gånger)

2002-06-21, 01:55
läst 935 gånger

Nancy Jaderen

What is the differance between stadsförsamling and bergförsmling? Where would Gusselhyttan and Wasselhyttan be located.i Know they are in Lindesberg parish,but I don't know which one.I am trying to figure out which films to order from the FHL and I am getting very frustrated.I would appreciate any help.Thank you.
Nancy Jaderen

2002-06-21, 02:36
Svar #1

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Hi Nancy,

This map gives the locations of Lindesberg, Gusselhyttan, and Vasselhyttan.

http://www.stadskartan.se/start/karta.asp?kartid=2746&cityid=0&streetid=0

There is only one Lindesberg listed on the site for the National Atlas of Sweden. It is listed as a kommun (municipality) so I suppose there are other parishes besides Lindesberg in that kommun. The Swedes probably know if you should order the parish records for Lindesberg, Örebro county, or for some other parish.

http://www.sna.se/bin/ort.cgi?LANG=EN&S=E&O=lindesberg&OK=Make+new+map

http://www.sna.se/bin/ort.cgi?LANG=EN&S=E&O=Gusselhyttan&.submit=Make+new+map

http://www.sna.se/bin/ort.cgi?LANG=EN&S=E&O=Vasselhyttan&.submit=Make+new+map

I have only heard of the stadsförsamling (town parish) and landsförsamling (rural parish). I have never before heard of the bergförsamling (mountain parish), but I certainly still have a lot to learn about Swedish.

Judy

2002-06-21, 03:08
Svar #2

Chris Troy

You need the Lindesbergs landsförsamling records, unofficially referred to as the Linde bergsförsamling.  

Gusselhyttan and Vasselhyttan (modern spelling) are both located in Lindesberg kommun.  The confusion arises in the parish name changes over the years.  They were both in Lindesberg församling until 1643.  Then the parish was divided into Lindesbergs landsförsamling (unofficially known as Linde bergsförsamling) and Lindesbergs stadsförsamling from 1643-1927.  From 1927-1961 Lindesbergs landsförsamling was called Linde and the stadsförsamling was called Lindesberg.  The two parishes were reunited into one parish in 1967 to form Lindesbergs församling.  Both Gusselhyttan and Wasselhyttan were in Linde bergsförsamling, properly called Lindesbergs landsförsamling.

They referred to it as a bergsförsamling because of all of the mines and foundries.

Cheers, Chris

2002-06-22, 01:23
Svar #3

Nancy Jaderen

Judy and Chris,
   That really explains a lot.Thank you very much
Nancy

2002-06-22, 21:56
Svar #4

Harold Ek

I followed the link to the County maps, very interesting.

Is there any way to track the location of parishes into these modern maps?

2002-06-23, 02:07
Svar #5

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Hi Harold,

What parish or parishes are you looking for?

Those weren't county maps. The link for the National Atlas of Sweden shows the general location of many places (although perhaps not tiny places) and describes their location.

The Stadskartan gives a view of some kommuner (municipalities) and you can adjust the map somewhat for better views.

Yes, there are some very nice map sites.  

Judy

2002-06-25, 18:05
Svar #6

Harold Ek

I hope this isn't a duplicate but it seems my last one did not get recorded.

I got to what I am quite certain were county maps by following some links to www.sna.se/county/ostergotland.html and then hit the tab for map at the top.

The areas I am most interested in are Västerfärnebo in Västmänland, where my GM was born. And Sankt Per in Östergötland where my GGGf was born.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna