ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Bergsbo, where is it?  (läst 809 gånger)

2001-12-12, 15:43
läst 809 gånger

Utloggad Clyde Peterson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 224
  • Senast inloggad: 2009-04-06, 02:49
    • Visa profil
In Grangärde, C:8 1826-42, year 1836,line 173, born Ulrica  
Nov 21, baptized Nov 22, Parents Per Matsson H Stina Samuelsdotter, i  Bergsbo, peg 142.
Where is Bergsbo? and what is peg 142.
I looked on page 142 of the household census of
the corresponding years and it was blank.
Can someone help me, please.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Clyde

2001-12-12, 21:03
Svar #1

Utloggad Sam Blixt

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6336
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-04-23, 20:37
    • Visa profil
    • samblixt.se
Bergsbo is a village in Grangärde parish, about 2.5 miles east of Grangärde.

Regards
Sam Blixt, Oskarshamn

2001-12-12, 21:27
Svar #2

Peter Karlsson (Peterk)

Hello Clyde!
Normally a note like 'pag 142' means the side in the household census.. - maybe you'll find them on the sides around 142.. It's also possible that there was a change of books around 1836 (a new volume), and maybe the page 142 is for the next book..?
The best way to find the family maybe is that you check in the beginning of the hosehold census for the index over villages.. -I'm sure you'll find 'Bergsbo' there; and it can't be so many pages for that village to seek through..
Good luck!  //Peter

2001-12-13, 01:27
Svar #3

Utloggad Clyde Peterson

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Hello Sam & Peter,
Thank you so much for your help.
I will look again more closely for Bergsbo in the index of Grangärde.
Have a great day.  
Best Regards,
Clyde

2001-12-13, 18:54
Svar #4

Nils-Gunnar Eriksson

Hello Clyde!

I guess you have found Bergsbo now. It really is on page 142. Perhaps you have not noticed it is several books for the same period. Bergsbo is in the third book, för this period called AI:15C. There you can read about the father kolaren (charcoal-burner) Kull Petter Matsson, born in Kullen 1796-09-23 (yyyy-mm-dd) and the mother Christina (Stina) Samuelsdotter born in Bergsbo 1796-11-29. Kullen is another village in Grangärde parish. You find Petter and his parents in books of series B.

Regards Nils-Gunnar Eriksson

2001-12-14, 03:34
Svar #5

Utloggad Clyde Peterson

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Hello Nils-Gunnar,
Thank you very much. Yes I found him in AI: 14A p108 in Bergsbo. Question, what is 'Kull' in front of his name mean?
Best Regards, Clyde

2001-12-14, 19:08
Svar #6

Nils-Gunnar Eriksson

Hello Clyde!

Kull because he came from the village Kullen. Some names were very common. Therefore people added a prefix to make a difference. The prefix often had a connection to the name of the farm, where a person lived. Earlier this year you asked for relatives to Grop Mats Olofsson. Grop comes from his farm, Gropgården. One or two centuries earlier you can find the prefix Finn. It means the person came from Finland. You can also find a person to be the young (Unge) or the old (Gamle).

Sometimes the prefix could act like a family name. In Grangärde the prefix Klack in Västansjö is such an example. When a Klack moved to a new village, he and his descendants often kept the old prefix.

Sometimes even women had a prefix before the name, but it was not so common.

Regards Nils-Gunnar

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna