ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Arringsos and Husabu, Smoland-where?  (läst 949 gånger)

2001-03-12, 05:20
läst 949 gånger

Marlette Swenson Larsen

I am trying to locate the birthplaces of my great-grandparents. John Anderson was born 25 March 1853 in Arringsos, Smoland, and his wife Charlotte Kristina (don't know her last name) was born 15 November 1846 in Husabu, Smoland. Are these parishes or villages? Where are they located? I don't know their marriage date. I do know that John and Charlotte, and at least one daughter (Louise I. Anderson, born in 1882), emigrated from Skattlo (?) Sodermanland, and arrived in Rockford, Illinois, USA, in June 1883. Would Skattlo be the ship or port of departure? Any information will be greatly appreciated! Tac sa mycket! Marlette Swenson Larsen
marlette@chorus.net

2001-03-12, 06:56
Svar #1

John Sidén

Hi Marlette,
On the CD Kronobergs Genealogiska Förenings Databas (Database of people born, married and died in parishes in Kronoberg county) I have found Johan Andersson born February 25 in Aringsås parish, his parents are Anders Nilsson and Ingrid Nilsdotter in Hillö. I have also found Charlotta Johansdotter born 1846 November 15 in Skatelöv parish, her parents are Johan Isaksson and Ingrid Petersdotter (27 years old) in Huseby. I have not found when Johan and Charlotta married but they have a son Carl Gustaf born 1880 June 27 in Aringsås parish, the family then lived in Alfvestad tomt 19.  
I don't know how much You know about Sweden but Aringsås and Skatelöv are parishes in Kronoberg county in Småland. Now Aringsås parish had changed its name to Alvesta. Huseby is a big estate in Skatelöv parish. Johan Isaksson was a crofter who worked for the people living in the estate. The nearest city from both Aringsås and Skatelöv is Växjö, the capital of Kronoberg county. You mention also a name Skattlo and I think that is Skatelöv parish. When Johan and Charlotta emigrated they may have gone to the big port in Gothenburg.
That is the information I can give to You.
With best wishes
John

2001-03-12, 11:00
Svar #2

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
According to the Emigranten database the following people left Aringsås in Kronoberg county in 1883, and sailed from the port of Malmö on 1883 May 30:

The laborer J Andersson, age 30

Wife Charlotta, age 36

Daughter Ingrid, age 1

and they all had tickets for New York.

2001-03-12, 12:40
Svar #3

John Sidén

Hi Marlette again,
Johan's and Charlotta's son Carl Gustaf died 1881 December 7 in Aringsås parish. Their daughter Ingrid Lovisa was born 1882 March 5 in Aringsås parish, Johan and Charlotta lived in Alfvestad tomt 391.  
With best wishes
John

2001-03-31, 05:32
Svar #4

Marlette Swenson Larsen

Dear John and Elisabeth,
I am so happy to get your information! Ingrid Lovisa (I have her name in America as Louise Ingard) was my grandmother; she died in the 1920 flu epidemic after World War I when my mother was only 5 years old, so I have little information about her. I bought a big map of Sweden so I can find the small towns; the parishes, however, are not listed so I thank you for your help! Tak sa mycket!
Marlette Swenson Larsen

2001-03-31, 07:19
Svar #5

Björn-Åke Petersson

NEWS

If you look om your map some miles west of Växjö the biggest town of Kronoberg you see ALVESTA this is the new name of Aringsås parish because of here was founded a railwaystation in 1860-ies which was given the name Alvesta but the old parish name is Aringsås.
Huseby was an old ironfactory southwest of Växjö in the parish of Skatelöv forner spelled Skatelöf. Most of the buiding here are still left and this is now a historical museum

Greetings Björn-Åke Petersson

2007-04-27, 23:53
Svar #6

tickets discount european airline

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna