ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: An extinct farm i Gåsborn, Värmland?  (läst 838 gånger)

2001-10-28, 15:20
läst 838 gånger

Stephanie Carson Feldman

Hej!

I have found the birth record of one of my family members:  Matthias Dahlström i Gåsborn.  He was born Matthes 1754 May 5 to Anders Mattsson och Karin?? Persdotter and the place is difficult to read.  It must be a Gothic D but it has a letter I do not recognize, an l doing the twist!  It looks like Dallernsiön.  I checked more records och Stina looked the same i 1756, but Carl i 1758 looked less Gothic:  DahlParusiön.

Well, I was excited until I checked out the 1890 census to see the current name:  no farms started with D.  *Sigh*

There was a note at the beginning of this Födelsebok, och pardon my understanding of the letters, but maybe someone can tell me if this helps:  Obs!  Förtiden 1695-1719 finnar i denna bok även antrek-mirgar för Långbans och Damnis hyttorua i Färnebo församlings

Was my farm transferred to Färnebo parish?  I saw Damhyttan and Dalbotorp and Daglöse, are one of those the same?  I'm curious about Långban too.  There is one i Färnebo och Gåsborn.  I have family i both, are they the same?

If anyone can shed some light on this or point me to a good site for the history, I would be very appreciative!  I have family i Färnebo, Rämmen, och Gåsborn to 1750 now, but still have only been researching Swedish for ten months!

2001-10-28, 16:22
Svar #1

Peter Karlsson (Peterk)

Hello Stephanie.. -I'll try to solve some of your questions..
It looks like a place called 'Dalkarlssjön'..
-The text you find mentions: Attention! For the period 1695 to 1719 there are in this book also some notes from Långbanshyttan och Damhyttan in Färnebo parish (Only meaning that some children from Färnebo were christened in Gåsborn instead..)

There are several 'Långban' - I think yours must be in the same area.. (Långban and Långbanshyttan) -but I'm not sure about that.
You can also find Långban in Lindesberg parish (Västmanland) - and some more places too..

Maybe there is somthing here: http://www.genealogi.se/varmland/links.htm

Regards //Peter

2001-10-28, 17:06
Svar #2

Stephanie Carson Feldman

Hej Peter!

Thank you very much for your help!  Mathias took the name Dahlström, I believe when he became a parish clerk, would that come from the name Dalkarlssjön do you think?  Do you know when that place stopped being i Gåsborn?  Is it the Dalkarlsjön i Rämmen i 1890?  Thanks again!!

2001-10-28, 19:46
Svar #3

Peter Karlsson (Peterk)

It's possible that the place gave inspiration to the name.. -You can read a bit about swedish names of this kind on 'Swedish Roots' ( http://www.genealogi.se/roots/ -then choose 'Swedish names' and see at the end of that text..)
-Rämmen became an own parish in 1777 - it was 'made' of the northern parts of Gåsborn parish, and Gåsborn was 'made' of a part of Färnebo parish in 1693..
-So it is possible for a man (for example around Dalkarlssjön) to be born in Färnebo 1690, get married in Gåsborn in the 1720's and then die in Rämmen in 1778.. -without ever moving once in his life..!
I also believe the lake Dalkarlssjön is on the border between Rämmen and Gåsborn, so it's possible that the name was used in both parishes..
-You can look at the place here: http://www.lantmateriet.se/ksindex_eng.htm - just write 'Dalkarlssjön' at the top, klick 'Search', (choose the one connected with 'Filipstad') and then klick 'Display'.. - then you can zoom in and the type of map changes automatically..!
-The place 'Damhyttan' should have two 'm' I saw now.. Dammhyttan is the correct (modern) spelling.
Best regards /Peter

2001-10-28, 22:41
Svar #4

Stephanie Carson Feldman

Hej Peter!  Thank you again.  Your map link does help.  It looks like my family was right on the edges of these parishes.  Both of my Långbans are very close to each other, but separate, one i Färnebo och one i Gåsborn.  Mathias DID leave Gåsborn though to Nordvik, Rämmen.
Best regards, Stephanie

2001-10-29, 23:25
Svar #5

Monica Johansson

I would suggest that you move these questions and answers to Landskap - Värmland - Socknar - Gåsborn. Lots of people are very knowledgable there. Tried myself to find Nordvik!!? Kind regards, Monica

2001-10-30, 01:43
Svar #6

Stephanie Carson Feldman

Hej Monica!
Thanks for the idea.  I have been posting some there, but rarely get responses on my family.  I don't think the English is appreciated.  So...I tried here and got a lot of help!
Best regards, Stephanie

2001-10-30, 14:22
Svar #7

Victor Alin

stephanie

Hello

I am also descended from mattias dahström, anders mattsson and karin persdotter. (got the information some days ago.from Jan Bäck. Se the discussion värmland- socknar- “gustav adolf”)

Personally i am descended from mattias sister anna born 1761-11-06 in gåsborn

According to jan b mattias mothers name was karin och they lived in Dalkarlssjön

I would appreciate if we could change some information. Since I just got this information I can ot offer you very much at the moment (on mattson and persson) but if you are interested I can give you my material on anna and her kids etc..and maybe in the future i can find some information about mattson and person. (that will be when i get the to the “landsarkiv”..

If is not to much of a trouble it would be very ineresting to see what you know about anders mattsson and akrin persdotter (and their relatives (mothers father grandmothers..)

I was in a rush and my english is not very good, but i hope it is ok with some faults .

Thanks

Regards victor

2001-10-30, 23:45
Svar #8

Stephanie Carson Feldman

Hej Victor!  Thanks for the note!  Will post more on your note i Gåsborn! I would like to correspond also!  My email is attached!  
Best regards, your distant Amerikan cousin, Stephanie

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna