ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Unbaptised children  (läst 694 gånger)

2002-05-17, 06:19
läst 694 gånger

Erica Kylander-Clark

I recently discovered a branch of my family in which all of the children are designated as unbaptised in the Household surveys. Does anyone have an explanation as to why the parents may have made this decision? The parents were baptised. (dates 1880s-1890s)
Thank you

2002-05-17, 07:57
Svar #1

Utloggad Mikael Persson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1357
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-01-17, 11:31
    • Visa profil
Most likely the parents came to belong to another church/congregation and therefore thought that their children shouldn't be baptized in the Swedish Church.
(Some of the so-called 'free churches' (='frikyrkor') have understood that a person has to be taught, and he has to learn/understand, before he can be baptized. -- Compare Matthew 28:19, 20.)

Regards
Mikael

2002-05-18, 08:47
Svar #2

Erica Kylander-Clark

Thank you for your help! The family lived in Östervallskog, Värmland. Any suggestions as to how to go about finding out which church they may have belonged to?

Erica

2002-05-18, 23:09
Svar #3

Utloggad Irma Ridbäck

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 547
  • Senast inloggad: 2016-01-03, 12:11
    • Visa profil
    • www.ir-text.se
They could have belonged to Baptistsamfundet, The Baptists. In some parts of Sweden the vicar asked the police to help him to bring the children by force to the church, in order to have them baptised. The parents were not allowed to join. My husband's grandmother was baptised this way at the age of seven. It happened in the parish of Ljustorp (in Västernorrland) in 1889.  
There could be same notice in the records of 'Kyrkostämman' in Östervallskog parish archives.  
These records are probably in the provincial archives of Uppsala (Landsarkivet).

Sincerely
Irma

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna