ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Wallen - Help Required  (läst 724 gånger)

2010-04-23, 02:47
läst 724 gånger

Utloggad Malcolm Mathisen

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 1
  • Senast inloggad: 2010-04-23, 02:47
    • Visa profil
I am new to this forum and hope someone 'may help with my problems. Erikka Charlotte Wallen (born 11/28/1854)
Daughter of the Petta Erikka Wallen and???? Charlotta.
Erikka migrated to New Zealand in 1872 aboard St.Olaf
from Christ Anna (Oslo).
She married in Australia in 1881 to Richard David Stirling.
I want to find more about her Ancestors - Where They Lived? and Their birth and death dates.
                                    Malcolm Mathisen

2010-04-23, 14:38
Svar #1

Utloggad Robert Karlsson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 191
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-05-14, 14:47
    • Visa profil
If she was from Norway you could try this norwegian forum: http://www.disnorge.no/slektsforum/index.php?language=engelsk
If she was a swede travelling through Oslo, Norway some more information is needed, where was she born etc?

2010-04-23, 21:42
Svar #2

Utloggad Chris Bingefors

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 11832
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-28, 15:20
    • Visa profil
She is listed as Erika Charlotte Vollen, traveling to New Zealand July 20, 1872 from Kristiania (Oslo). Her home then is in Oslo, so she either is Norwegian or has immigrated to Norway before that date. The first comprehensive searchable census is 1880 in Sweden so we can´t use that. She travels with Martin and Antoinette Fredriksen from Sunnmøre or at least with the same contingent. She has a free ticket for some reason. Had she come straight from Sweden her Swedish home parish would have been listed.

The name Wallen (or Wallin?) is not extremely common in Sweden (but uncommon in Norway), however common enough to make a search difficult. She is not in the Emibas CD database, but that is not complete. I have tried the Norwegian census of 1865, but no luck so she may have come from Sweden between 1865 and 1872.

There is a book on Swedes in New Zealand which I don´t have, but maybe someone can do a look-up?

2010-04-23, 22:16
Svar #3

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
She is not listed in Svenskarna i Nya Zeeland (Swedes in New Zealand) by Sten Aminoff (1988).  

As she is listed above as having married in Australia in 1881, she might not have stayed long enough in New Zealand to get into the naturalization records that Mr. Aminoff used to compile his book.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna