ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Translation of Parish record Please  (läst 1055 gånger)

2001-07-30, 21:16
läst 1055 gånger

Kristina Brown

Would someone translate the following information

Nedkom i Sturup. Avis afsänd till Past. Emb. i Mölleberga d. 30/10 1894. Efter egen anmälan antecknad såsom barnets moder.

The address listed is Mölleberga Bara församl.
Does this address still exist ? Where is it?

Also, does anyone know if Land records for the Southern part of Sweden are on the internet?

Many thanks

Kristina

2001-07-30, 21:53
Svar #1

Utloggad Johanna Andersson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 278
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-11-09, 18:24
    • Visa profil
I think it will be like this, please correct me if I'm wrong:
Gave birth in Sturup. Notice sent to
the church records place in Mölleberga
baptized 30/4. After own statement written down as the mother of the child.

2001-07-31, 00:49
Svar #2

Anders Andersson

Mölleberga, Bara isn't exactly a street address, it's just the name of the parish (Mölleberga) at or near the locality of Bara in Malmöhus county (this county no longer exists; it was merged with Kristianstad county in 1997 to form Skåne county).  The word församling (abbreviated in your transcript) means parish.

Parishes in Skåne are generally small in terms of area.  Mölleberga is found in the Staffanstorp municipality/commune (?), south of the city of Lund.
At  you can see some pictures of Mölleberga church.

By land records, are you referring to real estate boundary or ownership records?  Present-day estate boundaries can be found on detailed (1:20,000 scale) official maps and ownership data in the estate register, neither of which I believe can be found on the Internet. Are you looking for historical records from a particular point in time?

2001-07-31, 01:11
Svar #3

Anders Andersson

At  there is a small map showing the immediate surroundings of Mölleberga church, located a few km southwest of Staffanstorp itself. The map is provided by Staffanstorp Rescue Services, and the grid squares are 1 km on each side.

2001-07-31, 10:46
Svar #4

Utloggad Håkan Bergström

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1337
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-25, 22:21
    • Visa profil
Avis afsänd till Past. Emb. i Mölleberga d(en) 30/10 1894

Should be:
Notice sent to the parish civil registration office on Oct. 30 1894.

2001-07-31, 14:43
Svar #5

Kristina Brown

Tack så mycket! to all of you for your help.

My gggrandmother owned a house in Malmo we think that she sold it in the 1920's. I have a newspaper clipping with a picture of the house and
written under the picture is written
Ett parti av Södra Tvärgatan långt innan det åts upp av televerket.

My ggrandmother's name was Sofia Ahlqvist. My grandmother and I would like to find out who owned the house before my gggrandmother and who bought it when she sold it.

Can any one help!  

Many thanks  

Kristina

2001-07-31, 15:31
Svar #6

Utloggad Maud Svensson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 21976
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-19, 12:26
    • Visa profil
A part of Södra Tvärgatan (the name of the street, South Cross-Street) long before it was replaced (literally eaten up) by Televerket (the Swedish national telephone company).
Kind regards,
Maud
Hälsar vänligen
Maud

2001-08-06, 04:22
Svar #7

Kristina Brown

Johanna, Anders,Håkan och Maud,

Thank you all for responding to my posts.

I am looking to find Ownership records for my gggrandmother's house. Can anyone tell me how to find them? I know that she sold the house in the early 1920's we think it was 1924. After she sold the house she moved to the USA and lived with my ggrandmother until her death. My grandmother and Mother remember seeing the papers for the sale of the house - but they have since been lost.  
We think that maybe she had been given the house. We would like to find out who may have given her this house.
If anyone can help with information we would be greatful.  
With Thanks   Kristina

2001-08-06, 21:47
Svar #8

Anders Andersson

I have no experience digging up old estate records (or new estate records for that matter), so I suggest taking my advice here with a grain of salt...

Estate records have been kept for urban as well as rural lands, although the regulations have changed over the years, usually towards a more unified system. In general, the county administration is responsible for maintaining current records, although around 30 major cities maintain their own records (since Malmö is the third largest city in Sweden, it's most likely among those 30). I don't know to what extent these authorities keep historical records, or when they are transferred to the corresponding archives (which in the case of Malmö would be Malmö City Archive).

Thus, if you are keen on corresponding with those authorities yourself, you could try locating a knowledgeable and helpful staff member at the Malmö City administration, who may be able to give you further advice. Your first task is to identify the exact site of the house. If you have a street address, this should be sufficient for someone with access to a city estate map, but make sure that the house numbers haven't changed since the 1920's (or use a map from the same time). Once your archivist has the estate name and code, it should be possible to identify owners past and present.

2001-08-06, 22:26
Svar #9

Utloggad Bibi Gustafson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 213
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-03-01, 22:30
    • Visa profil
Hello Kristina!

A quick look at the legend for the map in Malmö local phone book shows no Södra Tvärgatan - could be that it is too small to be marked on the map. However, the City Archives of Malmö (Stadsarkivet) have the following email address: info@stadsarkivet.malmo.se.

Best regards,
Bibi

2001-08-07, 03:42
Svar #10

Kristina Brown

Anders and Bibi

Thank you!  When I was in Sweden in 1980 my ggAunt showed me the house. My ggAunt lived on the bottom floor and my gggrandmother lived on the top floor of this house. I have a photo of the house. I think that the house was near or within Lili Tor (I'm not sure of the spelling). I know that she would walk to Kings Park from her home. I will check with my Grandmother and ask her if she knows what the house number was.  

With Kind regards to all, Kristina

2001-08-07, 16:19
Svar #11

Bo Johansson

There does not seem to be any Södra Tvärgatan in Malmö now, perhaps the street has been renamed.

Lili Tor is probably Lilla Torg, which is only three blocks from Kungsparken (Kings Park).

To see a map, go to http://www.gulasidorna.se/ and click on the english button, then click on the choose map box and choose search via map and then search on street lilla torg (or kungsparken) and city malmö.

// Bo Johansson

2001-08-08, 00:35
Svar #12

Håkan Bergquist

Södra Tvärgatan doesn't exist to day.
It stopped to exist 1975*, when it was demolished for new houses. Today it is a part of the block Fasanen. This part of the city is known as Lugnet.It is not within Lilla torg, but it is in walking distance(5-10 minutes).

I think You will find more information about the owner or owners of the house at Malmö Stadsarkiv.(http://www.malmo.se/staden/stadsarkiv/english.html) It is not online but you could write to them.

* Bender, Birgit, Gator I Malmö, Malmö stadsarkiv 1999

2001-08-08, 08:45
Svar #13

Utloggad Maud Svensson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 21976
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-19, 12:26
    • Visa profil
Kristina,
You can send an e-mail to Birgit Bender at Malmö Stadsarkiv (City Archives): birgit.bender@malmo.se

Kind regards,
Maud
Hälsar vänligen
Maud

2001-08-13, 04:15
Svar #14

Kristina Brown

Bo, Håkan, och Maud,
Taks!
For all of your help. I have e-mail the Malmö Archives and am waiting for a reply from them. I hope that they can help with information on who my gggrandmother bought the house from - my grandmother would be happy to know. I told my mother that the house was no longer there and she asked that I thank you for your help.

May I ask for futher guidance from you helpful people?

We are tring to find the parents of my ggggrandmother her name was Johanna Wildt she was born in Svedalla July 21 1836 and died in Börringe February 14 1913. We have her parish record but can not read it - we think that it listed her name as Hanna rather than Johanna (which is the name she used throughout her life) and her father's name looks like it might be Hans however we can not read the last name. Can anyone help.

I remain thankful for your help.
Kristina

2001-08-13, 05:04
Svar #15

Anders Andersson

If you go to Anbytarforum: Landskap: Skåne: Socknar: Svedala, you may find people who are familiar with the parish and perhaps even have direct access to the records on microfiche.  I don't, as I'm not doing any research in Skåne myself.

As an alternative, if you can scan the parish record, you could provide the image for anybody to have a look at.

Hanna and Johanna are essentially the same name; you may find one in the birth record and the other elsewhere. Just make sure it's the correct person.  I don't know how big Svedala was at the time, but there shouldn't be too many children born on the very same day.  If the father is called Wildt, you obviously have found the correct note.  However, Johanna may have taken the name Wildt later in life.

2002-11-27, 03:18
Svar #16

Harold Ek

On a household record for 1868-78 I find a note that my GGGf family moved to Västerfärnebo, Våstmanland from what looks like S.Gersbo.

I have tried but can not find any reference to S. Gersbo location as a parish.

Can anybody help me?
Is the S. an abreviation of South or Saint?

Tack sä Myket
Harold Ek

2002-11-27, 08:32
Svar #17

Per Eriksson

Hi Harold,
the S is probably short for Södra (South). Saint is mostly abbreviated S:t. I have tried to find any parish name that would remind about Gersbo without any luck. Is there any chans for you to publish a scanned copy of the note here? I guess it should help.

By the way it should be Västmanland

Ragards
Per

2002-11-27, 11:24
Svar #18

Bo Johansson

Notice that there may be confusion between S for Södra (south), S or St for Stora (big), and S or St for Sankt or Sankta (saint).  
S:t is only Sankt, and S:a is usually Sankta but possibly Södra.

At least this is my impression.

// Bo Johansson

2002-11-27, 19:53
Svar #19

Utloggad Nils Wiksander

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 30
  • Senast inloggad: 2016-10-06, 18:30
    • Visa profil
Hi Harold,
I found S Gersbo at Altavista.  It is a farm in the parish of Västerfärnebo. The farm is written as Sör Gersbo (Sör means south in this case), as well as Sör Giersbo, Sör Gjersbo, Sör Gerdsbo and Sör Gärdsbo.  You will also find Norr (north) Gersbo in the same parish.  
Best regards
Nils

2002-12-01, 04:00
Svar #20

Harold Ek

Thank you all for helping me again.
Is it unusual to indicate a farm in the same parish as a place that they had moved from?

Nils, I note your family name. My Mother's maiden name was Wikander without the S. I have information that several of my Grandfathers family adopted that name about 1870. I have tried but could not find any meaning or derivation of the name. Do you know?

2002-12-01, 08:21
Svar #21

Utloggad Eva Dahlberg

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 4039
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-12, 18:31
    • Visa profil
Hi Harold, no it's not unusual. When they moved around within the parish the information on where they came from or moved to sometimes say the page, sometimes the farm/village.  

The clue to if they left the parish or came from outside the parish is often when a number is attached to the year and date (-89 24/10 :90) which indicates the number of the moving certificate. However, this number is not always given in the to/from column.

The to/from column can also have indications from GB x and to NB y - from the old book (previous clerical survey) page so and so and to the new book page this and that - that is given in the column (till/från) even if they never left the farm and actually moved.

Regards,
Eva Dahlberg

2002-12-01, 12:02
Svar #22

Bo Johansson

Harold, about the Wikander name:

-ander (Greek -man) is a relatively common ending in family names.
Wik (or Vik) means bay or inlet and is not uncommon as a placename.
So the name may come from a farm or village named Vik, or perhaps the family lived near some bay, and took the name from that.

See http://www.genealogi.se/roots/nwonamn.htm

// Bo Johansson

2002-12-02, 19:26
Svar #23

Utloggad Nils Wiksander

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 30
  • Senast inloggad: 2016-10-06, 18:30
    • Visa profil
Harold,
I have nothing to add to the detailed answers you have already received from Eva Dahlberg and Bo Johansson. If it could be of interest to you there are 876 persons in Sweden  by name of Vikander/Wikander as to Statistics Sweden.  
Nils

2002-12-05, 19:27
Svar #24

Peter Karlsson / anbytarvärd (Peter)

En lång diskussion på svenska är i sin helhet flyttad till Värmland: Socknar: Nyed..

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna