ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Swedish Nobility  (läst 628 gånger)

2005-04-09, 18:39
läst 628 gånger

Rose-Marie Haddad

I have several questions together here. Background:  we were told that my g-grandmother, Axelina Catherina Viktoria Charlotta Wester (b. 1859 Stockholm, m. 1884 Mariestadt, Skaraborgs lan) was a countess. I've not been able to find any reference to Wester as a noble name. Question: did Swedish nobility use a different title than their surname? Also - I've read that there is a book published every ten years or so giving the names of all the current members of the nobility. What is the name of it, and where can I access it? Are past editions available? Any help is gratefully received.

2005-04-09, 18:57
Svar #1

Utloggad Christina Backman

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 833
  • Senast inloggad: 2017-04-22, 18:01
    • Visa profil
Is Wester the lady?s maiden or married name?

The book is Adelskalendern.

2005-04-09, 19:41
Svar #2

Rose-Marie Haddad

Sorry - I should have said that her maiden name was Wester. My grandmother used to say that at her debutante ball in Goteborg, her grandfather (Alexina's father) was standing chatting to the then king. So there may be some truth to the story that Axelina was a countess. Axelina married Carl Rudolf Albert Patze and moved to Germany. She died in Hamburg.

Thank-you for the name of the book.

2005-04-09, 20:50
Svar #3

Bo Olsson

Hi Rose-Marie

Here you can find all introduced nobility in Sweden:

http://riddarhuset.se/jsp/admin/archive/sbdocarchive/introducerade_atter.pdf

and here you can find the now living families:

http://riddarhuset.se/jsp/index.jsp?id=553

2005-04-10, 00:12
Svar #4

Rose-Marie Haddad

Again, thank-you for your help. I didn't come across the name. Perhaps this is one of those family legends. We were told she was a descendant of the Vasa dynasty. I will have a lot of work to do to prove or disprove that one!

2005-04-10, 11:34
Svar #5

Utloggad Torsten Berglund

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 948
  • Senast inloggad: 2017-02-16, 01:20
    • Visa profil
The genealogy of this Wester family has been published several times in Svenska Släktkalendern, the last time in 1950. See my answer here.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna