ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Sofia Matilda Larsdotter Larsson  (läst 1336 gånger)

2007-02-11, 23:47
läst 1336 gånger

Kathy Clark Craig

Hey Y'all, I'm back begging for more information. Can anyone help find the death dates for Sofia matilda Larsson born June 10, 1856? Her parents are listed as Erik Larsson and Helena Sofia Gostring. Erik's birthdate is June 14, 1824. Helena is listed as being born on March 31, 1830. I need their death dates or any information I can find on them. They come from Norrkoping and Askeby.  
Thank you for any information you can give me, Kathy

2007-02-12, 11:46
Svar #1

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
A little more information on all of them would help. Who was born in Askeby? Who was born in Norrköping? Did Sofia Mailda marry? Whom did she marry? Children?

2007-02-19, 22:44
Svar #2

Kathy Clark Craig

Sofia was born in S:t Olai, Norrkoping. 10 Jun 1856
Erik Larsson born in Ostra Eneby. 14 Jun 1824
Helen Sofia Gostring was born in Askeby. 31 Mar 1830
I'm looking for these people's death dates. Is it possible to find these dates?  
Also, Helena Sofia's parents in Askeby. They would be Adam Gostring born in 1780  
and Lena Cajsa Jonsdotter born in Askeby in 1792.
I don't know how to do the little dots on top of the o's. I'm sorry if it  doesn't look right.
Can you help me? Thank you, Kathy

2007-02-20, 19:35
Svar #3

Kathy Clark Craig

Hey, Sofia was illegitmate. Can you just tell me where to look for these dates? Thank you, Kathy

2007-03-14, 13:01
Svar #4

Kathy Clark Craig

Hello! Is there anyone out there who can tell me where to find the death dates of the previous postings? Thank you very much for any of your time, Kathy

2007-03-14, 13:19
Svar #5

Bo Nordenfors (Nob)

Think looking in church records is the one and only way to go, perhaps you can subscribe on the Genline service for a month, or - contact LDS, who has church records on microfilm. for those born 1824, 1856 and 1830 one can also check Census 1890, (not free but many researchers attending this message board can help) - and if in Census 1890 you can go to the parish where the person lived that year.

It is a timeconsuming way to follow people thru the clerical surveys, yes, but at the same time interesting.

2007-03-14, 18:32
Svar #6

Utloggad Ingela Martenius

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1489
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-10-25, 18:20
    • Visa profil
Genline probably wouldn't help with the persons born in the 19th century since there's a big chance that they were alive until the turn of the century, which means that there are no records of them at Genline (Genline records stop around 1895-1897).

There is no central death registry until 1947, so it's not so easy just to find death records. You have to follow each of these persons forward in time, through each Hfl (clerical survey/household examination roll). Even if they stayed in the same parish all their lives this would mean some ten Hfls to go through for each person.

A possible shortcut is what Bo mentions: to try to look them up in the 1890 census - but finding them there would also increase the chance that they were still alive beyond Genline's stop-date.

Finding birthdates is often easy, but deathdates efter 1895-1897 and before 1947 can be quite tricky. And even before 1895-97 it's not just a quick look-up, it usually means a whole lot of real research.

Ingela

2007-03-15, 03:13
Svar #7

Kathy Clark Craig

Okay, so maybe I just need birth dates? That was easy. Just kidding. I thought Sweden recorded everything or was it just moving around records? Thank you. I will keep looking.
Anybody feel like translating a very short document? I am still looking for great grandmother's father. I just received a note about it. I could e-mail it to you.

2007-03-15, 05:03
Svar #8

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
No, Sweden recorded everything, still does.
And of course the deathdates are there, but you have to do research. People here are quite willing to do simple look-ups from their computers but it's a bit much to expect people to search through ten or twelve Hfls for every person you are asking for (if you're lucky - if they moved we're talking about maybe twenty or thirty Hfls)and then possibly contacting the relevant Archive and/or parish office for you, don't you think?
So, instead of keep looking I suggest that you get down to doing research. That way you'll get to know your ancestors, not just a deathdate to add to a name. Don't you want to know about siblings, marriages, children, if they moved about, what they did, if they changed trade? These are all things you learn about in the Hfls. Because, you see, Sweden recorded everything. Not only deathdates.

If it's a very short document, I can translate it for you. You can email it to me.

Ingela

2007-03-16, 04:47
Svar #9

Kathy Clark Craig

What is an Hfl? Here in the US I am used to looking up census records, travel records. I've used LDS church records, spoken with family members. Found some I didn't even know I had who have been very generous and kind to a stranger that turned out to be family. Swedish records I am clueless in. I found this website totally by accident and it has been wonderful. I had asked other questions on this board and wonderful people found so many answers for me. If I knew where to look I would. I don't speak Swedish, I don't know where these records are. I have tried local resources including consulates to find a translator but no one is interested. I am actually not looking for anyone to do all this for me. I just don't know where to look. I've actually gone and visited my relatives sight unseen before to get to know them and to learn more about my people. I'm not trying to be slack. I've called out to Salt Lake City Utah for help. Give me a hint where the I can find the records I need from Sweden in English, I'll look it up myself.
Thanks for any help you can give me. The document is actually about 4 sentences long-some kind of legal information about who my great grandmother's father is.  
Thank you. Kathy

2007-03-16, 04:50
Svar #10

Kathy Clark Craig

Ingela, I reread the posts above, I see some answers I hadn't seen before. I see where some things are that I can do. Thank you.

2007-03-16, 20:54
Svar #11

Utloggad Anna-Carin Betzén

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1112
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-10-28, 20:07
    • Visa profil
    • www.btz.se
Kathy,  

The HFL records are part of the church records microfilmed by the LDS, so you can access these too in the US through their Family History Centers, or over the internet through a Genline subscription.  

HFLs are all in Swedish, but as most of the information follows pretty much the same basic pattern, you'll be able to comprehend a lot of the information without learning Swedish. E.g., each spread in the book lists the name of the farm or village concerned, the names of people living there, their birth date and birth place, their occupation and/or relationships (usually in abbreviated form). I assume this is pretty much as the US censuses. There may also be references to when they came there and from where, and when they moved away, and where to.  

Of course there may be additional information that isn't as easy for you to decipher, but there's a special section of this forum where people can ask for help in figuring out what it says - Läshjälp. You just go to the relevant province in that section, create a new thread with a title saying which parish and book and page it is about, and post your question there.

The legibility in the HFLs varies a lot, I'm not very experienced in genealogy but I think generally the mid to late 19th century HFLs are pretty easy to read as they're written in books that have printed rows and named columns (18th century ones are written freehand on blank pages). Also, the 18th century books are written in a different hand that is much harder to read.

2007-03-16, 21:30
Svar #12

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Kathy,

Why not download the genealogy helpfile put together by the Swedish consulate in New York?
http://www.swedenabroad.com/SelectImage/15063/tracing.pdf
(it's free of charge and explains the basics of Swedish genealogy research: the Internet links at the end are not updated, but the rest is OK)

You are welcome to email me the Swedish document; I'll gladly translate it for you. Email  gusmartei@yahoo.se

Ingela

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna