ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Parishes in Vermland with Finnish People  (läst 634 gånger)

2009-06-02, 18:42
läst 634 gånger

Utloggad Clark Monson

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 15
  • Senast inloggad: 2009-06-29, 14:52
    • Visa profil
Could somebody tell me which parishes in Vermland had a lot of Finnish people?  My great great great grandfather was born in Sweden in 1803 and moved across to Vinger, Norway and married there.  His name was Jan Johnsson.  I had assumed he was born in Ostmark parish.  A child of his age and name can't seem to be found there.  There was a Jons born April 3, 1803 along with a twin brother Per and baptized April 7, 1803.  Their parents are Jons Jonsson and Ingeborg Nilsdotter and they lived at Sagen.  People are telling me that this is not the child.  I am wondering if Gunnarskog had a lot of people with Finnish blood.  Perhaps he came from there.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you!

Best Regards!
Clark Monson

2009-06-02, 23:32
Svar #1

Utloggad Kristina Gunnarsdotter

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6204
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-21, 18:20
    • Visa profil
Clark.

Värmland has about 100 parishes. The Finnish population was concentrated to the Northern and Western part, but the Finns had settled in other places too, and not only in Värmland.  

The father of your Jan Johnsson is probably not a man called Jöns. That name differ too much from Jan. The names Jan, Jon, John and sometimes Johan is often mixed up or misread. (The h in John is just a decoration. Both Jon and John was pronounced the same way, Joon, like moon.)  

Do you have a reason to assume that he was born in Östmark? Or in Värmland?

Here is a map with the parishes in Värmland: http://www.genealogi.se/varmland/download/varmland-sockenkarta.gif

(Meddelandet ändrat av Kristina1 2009-06-02 23:36)

2009-06-03, 23:26
Svar #2

Utloggad Ing-Marie Haglund

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 196
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-22, 21:53
    • Visa profil
Yes the north of Gunnarskog and Gräsmark had a lot of Finnish people.

I would start to try to find his marriage in the churchbooks of Norway. Beacuse when one of my great-great-great grandfathers married in Norway the priest wrote down the name of the parish where he was born in Sweden (in the churchbook.)

Vinger is in Kongsvinger, Hedmark. You can ask for help via Dis Norway and their anbytarforum -  selektsforum.

http://www.disnorge.no/slektsforum/viewforum.php?f=402 (English version)

Good luck!

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna