ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Parents help please  (läst 639 gånger)

2007-01-22, 17:40
läst 639 gånger

Val Large

I found out that Elling Appel was my gr grandmother's grandfather he died in 1822 age 70yrs old would anyone be able to help me with his parents name please

2007-01-22, 20:21
Svar #1

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
Val, you need to give us more information. Where did this man live? Parish and province are things we need to know, if we are to help you.

2007-01-22, 22:55
Svar #2

Val Large

Elling Appel died in Hallso,Tanum 08/09/1822 his first wife was Kristina Casperdotter his 2nd wife was Dorti Pettersdotter my gr gran's grandmother  
He was a drummer and was 70yrs old when he died so he was born about 1752  
Thank you very much for trying to help

2007-01-23, 02:33
Svar #3

Utloggad Kaj Andersson

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 628
  • Senast inloggad: 2009-03-25, 06:41
    • Visa profil
Hi Val,
Cant help you very much with his parents, but this might be a clue where to find him:

Your Elling was a soldier in the coastal navy, a boatsman (in the merchant fleet, called a boatswain). The preast made the following comments (as in the picture above):

The Boatsman at 1st Bohus Batallion, no 149 Olof Appell is aiming to get into marriage and as far as ...no knowledge is that hinder him from this, I leave my permit to this.
Hede, Jan. 21st 1807.

Hede is probably the parish from where Olof came from.

Regards,
/Kaj A.

2007-01-23, 02:51
Svar #4

Utloggad Kaj Andersson

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 628
  • Senast inloggad: 2009-03-25, 06:41
    • Visa profil
Sorry, but this Appell was probably not the right one. Traditionally, soldiers were named with the same surname eg. Appell, when they were on duty on the same command. The first Appell was replaced by the second, and so on. I think Olof was probably Ellings successor, so it wont help you to search for Elling in Hede.

Sorry!
/Kaj A.

2007-01-23, 12:10
Svar #5

Val Large

Thank you for trying to find him for me,  I found out his 2nd wife was married to a John Andersson first

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna