ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Ordningsman  (läst 404 gånger)

2004-02-19, 21:19
läst 404 gånger

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Hi,

My mormors farfar (1778-1847) was an ordningsman in Skarbo, Frändefors (P) in the 1800s. I have a general idea of what an ordningsman was but I wonder if anyone else has also had one and knows more about their duties. It couldn't have been a full time job since he was also listed as bonde in the parish records and I saw his signature (or at least his name and farm) in many bouppteckningar of that time period, so he must have also been kept quite busy with estate inventories.

The first time I found Lars Hansson listed as an ordningsman was 1824, so that is the start of the time period in which the job description would be needed.

Thanks,

Judy

2004-02-20, 20:34
Svar #1

Utloggad Ann Little

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1252
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-23, 20:10
    • Visa profil
Hi Judy,

I found the following on Google; it's mentions a farmer who was an ordningsman in 1825:

On the 17th July, 1825, after an announcement in the (church) pulpit, the tenants of Öster-and Västernäset farmsteads assembled and unanimously elected the farmer Johan Persson of Östernäset as  ordningsman for both villages; and as his assistants they elected farmers Johan Norvall of Västernäset and Per Andersson of Östernäset.

Paragraph One.
It was unanimously agreed that the minutes of 4th October 1817 should be adhered to.

Paragraph Two.
With regard to the felling of timber; no more than 4 logs per each skattemål (don't know absolute meaning, bur it's to do with taxation) may be cut down upon pain of a fine of 5 riksdaler, and it must be kept within the bounds of the minutes of 24th February, 1824 until such times as new decissions are made by the ordningsman and his assistants concerning  land and timber.

Paragraph Three.

And when the timber has been cut down in accordance with the mentioned minutes, the ordningsman will make arrangements for the transportation of the same on behalf of the whole village and those of it's neighbours who wish to participate.  
And he who has felled this timber shall receive 4 ? in payment per log, and he who is dissatisfied with this has the right to complain to the authorities if there be just cause.

Attests the 'at present' ordningsman Övergren

Kind regards,
Ann Little

2004-02-23, 00:30
Svar #2

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Hi Ann,

I appreciate this reply very much. Thank you sp much for searching for this information. I haven't been able to find much, although I do see a section on Anbytarforum about ordingsmen which also has some information.

You found something specific but of course it raises even more questions: Were there a number of ordningsmen in a parish, each covering a village or two? (Our work is never done when we do genealogy :-))), but I will be in Salt Lake City in a few weeks and maybe I can find something useful there.) I will have to check the records for Frändefors to see how many ordningsmen there were at one time, and also I may be able to find some sort of mention (such as the one you found) in Frändefors or in another parish.

I assume this is the page you found and translated. I found it after finding your answer.

http://hem.passagen.se/nyanget/bystamma/18250717.htm

Tack så mycket!

Judy

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna